PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Resort Suggestions

Tink<3Mickey<3Cinderella
03-25-2010, 03:53 PM
I asked this question quite a few years ago when we were talking about it for the first time but now my husband and I are seriously talking about it and I'd like to ask again.

:santa3:My husband and I are talking about going to Disney for Christmas this year, we both love doing the holidays with our family but we are the ones with no kids right now so we end up doing all the traveling on Christmas Eve & Day (7 stops & 6 hrs later it's exhusting) and its just getting to us a little. I have wanted to go to Disney for actually Christmas Day for quite a few years now and we figure before kids.....lets do it. So enough with my story......:santa:

What I want to know, in your opinion which resort is the best to stay at for Christmas?

Please know I am well aware that Christmas time is very busy and we are not going to be able to get to do to much but it's something I would really like to do one time in my life.

disneydeb
03-25-2010, 06:28 PM
Grand Floridian or The Wilderness Lodge for Christmas Day would be my pick.

wdwvacationeer
03-25-2010, 06:48 PM
We stayed at the Yacht Club around Christmas and it was decorated beautifully. We checked out the Beach Club and Boardwalk and they too were beautiful-very holiday special.

faline
03-25-2010, 06:49 PM
I, too would select either Wilderness Lodge or the Grand Flordian. Both are really holiday ready!

PetefromRI
03-25-2010, 08:42 PM
Great question.We want to go the 1st week in December and I was wondering the same thing.The tree in the Grand Flo is awesome and also the Gingerbread House.How about the POFQ?

Pirate Granny
03-25-2010, 08:45 PM
ANYWHERE...my favorite is Wilderness Lodge and French Quarter...but I've been to Pop Century too...Christmas is just so neat...I would save the $$$ on the hotel and have some nice meals ... we had Christmas Day meal at Narcousse (sp...sorry) at GF...and we didn't find it that bad...the last time I went 2008 the crowds weren't that bad...we slept in and didn't get to the parks until 11am and always got in and always were able to get most fass passes. Nothing beats Disney at Xmas...and NYE is always fun...MK...EPCOT was too crowded for us on NYE...have a wonderful trip...enjoy yourselves...
:pirate:

Jeff
03-25-2010, 08:45 PM
I Please know I am well aware that Christmas time is very busy and we are not going to be able to get to do to much but it's something I would really like to do one time in my life.

My family has been every year over Christmas or the week just after for the last 10 years and I can assure you that your assumption above does not have to be true. IF you are willing to get up early and be at the park as the gates open you can do the big attractions in the first 2 hours then spend the rest of your time doing minor attractions or catching shows, etc.......

To your question though - I think the real beauty of the Christmas season at WDW is in the parks. They are all decorated in amazing detail. Unless you plan to spend hours sitting in the lobby of your resort, in which case I would recommend GF, WL, or AKL; I would recommend you just pick your favorite resort and spend time touring the others. It is a fun thing to do during the peak afternoon hours when the parks are jam packed.

d_m_n_n
03-25-2010, 09:25 PM
We have stayed at POR, BC, WL and All Star Music during December. Our favorite, BY FAR, was the WL. All of the resorts are beautiful, but there is just something about walking through the doors of the WL...to the point that we missed the feeling this year and made a special trip just to get the Christmas spirit!

Goofy4TheWorld
03-25-2010, 10:09 PM
I am hoping to go this Christmas, but after staying 7 nights at the Contemporary in June, the accounting department requires that we stay at Pop for December.

I really want to stay at Pop anyway and I REALLY want to save money. If Disney had a room classification called "the dumpster out back" for $25 a night, I would take it just to be at Disney. You can take the bus to the WL lobby to see the decorations anytime you like.

However, if you haven't been in a while and/or are okay spending the additional money on your room, the Wilderness Lodge seems to be the hands-own favorite on this board for Christmas at Disney.

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-26-2010, 11:57 AM
Well, they all decorate for Christmas and if money isn't an issue, I would say Wilderness Lodge or Grand Floridian for great decorations...otherwise, book a values and take some time to check out the other resorts

renecat
03-26-2010, 12:16 PM
Well, they all decorate for Christmas and if money isn't an issue, I would say Wilderness Lodge or Grand Floridian for great decorations...otherwise, book a values and take some time to check out the other resorts

I agree with this. If money is not an issue GFis by far my favorite. If you don't want to spend the money because you are talking about being there on Dec. 25th which is probably the most expensive time. Do a moderate and deluxe dinning. You can visit the other resorts and I recommend you do, each is unique in its own way. Also If you think you will see the Christmas parade in person on Christmas day you won't. I used to watch it at home and tell my husband one of theses days I'm going to be there x-mas day on main street watching in person. Well in traveling to disney many times in Dec. I found out they do the parade around the first week. What ever you decide it is beautiful there at Christmas time. Have a wonderful trip.

mom2morgan
03-26-2010, 12:26 PM
I'd enjoy any of them at Christmas - I've only ever stayed in POR but have toured the others to see the decorations. I'd say that since this is a "special dream" though - my pick would be the Grand Floridian. It doesn't normally appeal to me, but it is SO magical at Christmas!

eeyorepoohfan
03-26-2010, 12:55 PM
If money were not an issue, I would stay at Wilderness Lodge for Christmas hands down! I love this resort and it feels so inviting, especially at Christmas! With that being said, I can't afford to stay at Wilderness Lodge, even during value seaon right now :( We stayed at POP during the middle of December 2009. We loved it! Great savings too! On our first day, we arrived mid-afternoon and Resort Hopped. We did the monorail loop to see the resorts, then took the boat to Wilderness Lodge. On our day at EPCOT, we left in mid-afternoon through the International Gateway and toured Boardwalk, Yaht Club and Beach Club. All were fantastic to see. And one day I would like to stay at them, but for now I will be happy staying at POP and visiting the other resorts! :thumbsup:

joonyer
03-26-2010, 01:06 PM
I would also choose Wilderness lodge. Love that gigantic tree.

wildernesslady
03-26-2010, 02:37 PM
Wilderness Lodge!!!!!!

jpH/keD
03-26-2010, 03:12 PM
Spend the extra $! Go for WL or Poly! Do NOT stay at the All Stars. They are PACKED and there are too many people for the buses to handle! We did ASMovies and hated it! Monorail is our new favorite word!! Have fun tho-It is beautiful at Christmastime!:thumbsup:

goofygirl67
03-26-2010, 07:39 PM
I haven't been AT christmas, my seasonal pass won't let me but I have been in December. Last year I stayed at AKL and loved it. Everything was decked out for the holidays. This year I'm trying WL, hoping for the same.