PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness Lodge Villas

RBrooksC
03-25-2010, 01:19 PM
When we go to Disney next year we are considering the two bedroom Villas since we are most likely going with another family.

Has anybody stayed there and give a little review of those room?

We stayed at the WL last time we were there and loved it.

pox24
03-25-2010, 02:14 PM
As DVC members we stay there every January. Living here in West Palm we don't get the chilly woodsy feeling unless we visit in Jan when a cold front's moving in. The villas are great, they do not offer any outstanding views like the main lodge, however it is quiet, peaceful and very relaxing. The BR's are spacious, kitchen fully equipped with W/D. The only downside is if you get a 2 BR on the backside of the bldg. it is a very long walk back to civilization. The villas are close to the marina, with its own quiet pool and hot tub. If the bus is your mode of getting around, the stop is just in front. I would surley go but make your ressies early. These are villas are small in number and book quickly. You're gonna love this place, especially the quiet lobby, leather rockers and fireplace. Great spot to relax with an adult beverage after a busy Disney day.:thumbsup:

RBrooksC
03-25-2010, 02:23 PM
Book early... Ok. That was my plan. We are looking at June 2011 so my thought would be ten months out from the trip.

Is that a fair assessment of when we should book if this is the decision we make?

diz_girl
03-25-2010, 02:41 PM
I don't know how much you know about DVC villas, but a 2 br villa sleeps eight. The first bedroom has a king bed and the second bedroom has two queen beds, with a queen sleeper in the living room. So it's not like two hotel rooms with two beds per bedroom. If you have two couples with children, someone will be sleeping on the sofabed.

RBrooksC
03-25-2010, 02:57 PM
I don't know how much you know about DVC villas, but a 2 br villa sleeps eight. The first bedroom has a king bed and the second bedroom has two queen beds, with a queen sleeper in the living room. So it's not like two hotel rooms with two beds per bedroom. If you have two couples with children, someone will be sleeping on the sofabed.

Yes we are aware of this. This situation would be part of the discussion with the friends who are going with us.

But thank you for the information. It is appreciated.