PDA

View Full Version : Help Me get back to my Resort!

forever a child
03-25-2010, 12:13 PM
Ok, here is the question/problem. DD and I have 8:45 tickets to the Pirates & Pals Boat ride to watch Wishes at the Contemporary. But we are staying at POR. Will the Monorail still be running after Wishes is over back to MK or Epcot so that we can then catch a bus back to POR? Or is there another transportation option that I am not thinking of? I wont have a vehicle for our trip so that is not an option. I dont believe resorts have bus transportation to other resorts. Any suggestions?:truck::bus::car::train:

Fangorn
03-25-2010, 12:19 PM
The monorail will continue to run for 1-2 hours after the MK closes, so you won't have any issue there.

Better yet, you can easily walk from the Contemporary to the MK bus stops in about 5 minutes. That will be significantly faster.

Steve

forever a child
03-25-2010, 12:25 PM
The monorail will continue to run for 1-2 hours after the MK closes, so you won't have any issue there.

Better yet, you can easily walk from the Contemporary to the MK bus stops in about 5 minutes. That will be significantly faster.

Steve

Thanks! I was a bit worried:thumbsup:

ThanxForNoticin
03-25-2010, 12:31 PM
I totally agree. Take the short walk from CR to the bus depot at MK. It's very easy. You'll be back to POR in no time.

Mr. Smee
03-25-2010, 01:15 PM
Or, If you still have any energy left, you could take a bus to Downtown, shop, snack, people watch, then take the boat back to POR. We always stay at POFQ and try to take the boat as much as we can.

forever a child
03-25-2010, 01:32 PM
Or, If you still have any energy left, you could take a bus to Downtown, shop, snack, people watch, then take the boat back to POR. We always stay at POFQ and try to take the boat as much as we can.

That's a good option too! I hadn't thought about that. Not sure how pooped out I'll be:blush:

badkitty
03-26-2010, 02:11 AM
Keep in mind though that the boats stop running before DTD closes. If you miss the last boat, you need to take the bus back to POR.

wildernesslady
03-26-2010, 02:44 PM
That's a good option too! I hadn't thought about that. Not sure how pooped out I'll be:blush:

You could also grab a cab at the contemporary. Sometimes it's worth it.

CleveRocks
03-26-2010, 03:46 PM
The last boat back to POFQ/POR leaves the DTD Marketplace dock around 11 p.m. or a little bit before that. But the bus from DTD keeps running until an hour or two after the lasr DTD venues close.

forever a child
03-26-2010, 04:42 PM
The last boat back to POFQ/POR leaves the DTD Marketplace dock around 11 p.m. or a little bit before that. But the bus from DTD keeps running until an hour or two after the lasr DTD venues close.

Oh, thanks! That was what I was thinking would be my next question:D I remember our last stay at POFQ that we needed to take the bus back to the resort. Just couldn't remember the the boat and bus schedules. Thanks!