PDA

View Full Version : What do you do to pass the time?!

Julie_Mouse
03-25-2010, 11:25 AM
Okay, so I'm still 45 days away from our May trip at SSR :cloud9:

Maybe it's because the trip is in celebration of (among other things) my graduation, and I'm nearly done all of my courses, but I'm going stir-crazy!

How do you pass the time until departure day!?:mickey:

Jeniflower
03-25-2010, 11:43 AM
why you plan off course... places you want to go, rides you want to go on first, food you just can't miss, and you also spend a considerable amount of time on In:rocks:tercot

SallyMcQueen
03-25-2010, 11:53 AM
I'd watch you tube videos about the parks. Read my planning books, again for the 978th time. Heck you could even start packing.

cer
03-25-2010, 12:26 PM
why you plan off course... places you want to go, rides you want to go on first, food you just can't miss

Yes and write ALL those things down especially the ones that aren't popular or main attractions, because, you will forget and leave for home and say..."I forgot to do...." or "Sure wish I had done...." or worse yet, "I can't BELIEVE forgot to do that AGAIN!" :(

Some will say it is another reason to plan another trip...but really, in my case...how many times must I go and still forget to make a point to see the "Kiss Good-Night" at Magic Kingdom???? REALLY??? :confused:

vicster
03-25-2010, 01:04 PM
I check out the message boards on Intercot!

Dznygrl79
03-25-2010, 01:09 PM
Watch the planning videos, visit the local disney store, talk to my fellow intercotees, look at past Photo Albums, make a list of characters you wanna get your picture with, listen to Disney Music, just about anything....and congrats on a soon to be grad!:grad:

Genie1953
03-25-2010, 09:22 PM
You know...I was feeling the same way when we were that far out from our trip....so I surfed the Intercot boards....read my disney guidebooks for the umpteenth time.....made lists....started getting our clothes ready...or course I HAD to go shopping for more....and wow....all of a sudden we are just 15 days out from day 1 of our Disneyworld vacation. It is just amazing how the time has flown by now! NOW I am getting worried that I have forgotten to do something!
:confused: :mickey: :confused:

LudwigVonDrake
03-27-2010, 03:00 PM
Watch my vacation planning videos and listen to LOTS of WDW music :smickey:

AdventurerKim
03-27-2010, 08:53 PM
Listen to WDW music and talk about WDW constantly and look at pictures from past trips. :cloud9:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-28-2010, 07:31 PM
Have fun planning. I also go to a website and search for Disney music and listen to that and anticipate being in the World soon. And of course, talk it to death with the people who are going with me; where we're going to go, what we're going to eat, etc. And make lists of what to pack, to stop the mail and newspaper and other things I don't want to forget as it gets closer.

Julie_Mouse
03-28-2010, 10:38 PM
Thanks everyone :mickey:

I've definitely been spending more time on these boards, but DBF might start questioning my sanity if I got my suitcase out already! :funny:

The music is a good idea though! Nothing helps me hit the books better than a couple of renditions of "It's a Small World" :D

MushuGrl
04-18-2010, 12:56 AM
Cer, I'm the same way! For six months "I'M GOING TO DO THE LIBERTY BELLE THIS TRIP".

Still haven't done it.

I find myself pulling out pics from the last trip, and looking at menus over and over and over.

cer
04-18-2010, 08:17 AM
Cer, I'm the same way! For six months "I'M GOING TO DO THE LIBERTY BELLE THIS TRIP".

Still haven't done it.

I find myself pulling out pics from the last trip, and looking at menus over and over and over.

Yup! Liberty Belle, it is STILL on my list, too! :blush: What's up with that?!?!?!?!

cer
04-18-2010, 08:18 AM
Okay, so I'm still 45 days away from our May trip at SSR :cloud9:

Maybe it's because the trip is in celebration of (among other things) my graduation, and I'm nearly done all of my courses, but I'm going stir-crazy!

How do you pass the time until departure day!?:mickey:

It's getting closer now.....:D

Julie_Mouse
04-18-2010, 11:58 AM
It's getting closer now.....:D

Yes, and I'm getting sooo excited!

My finals are all finished now :D, so I've been spending a substantial amount of time on Intercot and making lists... :mickey:

21 more days! :cloud9:

azcavalier
04-18-2010, 10:06 PM
I hear ya. My DW and I are gonna be there in 14 days, and we're going nuts. We listen to a ton of Live365 Disney Music. I've been watching some Pixar movies while I do other things. I bought and read Mousejunkies. And, of course, I probably hit Intercot a few times a day.

Oh, and we went through all of our pins, and I built two pin display boards. She spends her time on Intercot (and occasionally posting under my login) and on eBay buying pins. Plus, she's the planner. So she plans.

Oh, and she shops. We go to the mall, and she finds a blouse and says, "This is for our trip to WDW! It's light and cool, and it's zebra print, so i'll wear it to Animal Kingdom!"

Riiiiiiiiight. THAT'S why she buys clothes. For her trips to WDW.

Disney Yankee
04-18-2010, 10:54 PM
Watch old Disney DVDs:mickey: (The kids were SOOO Cute!)
Intercot!!!!!:thumbsup:
Dream about being there:cloud9:
This year, my nieces will be joining us for the first time, so we keep talking about princesses and new things to do with them!:princess:

websitekid
04-18-2010, 11:36 PM
Plan, Plan, Plan. Start reading board on here and on DISUnplugged. learn about everything going on that week, and plan every day of your trip. Look for good deals and upcoming attractions so when you arrive you can just relax and enjoy the magic.