PDA

View Full Version : determining length of park tickets

lindkaye
03-24-2010, 11:38 PM
We are planning 16 day trip - staying at POR. The trip will be split as our older children are coming down with us and then leaving midway to return home and just me, hubby and youngest will stay on - so we will need 2 reservations. We plan on going with the MYW vacation package, water park and park hopper included. Does everyone purchase tickets for the exact amount of time you are going to be there - or do you purchase a lower amount of ticket days, since you get so many water park days? I realize people will buy less tickets if they are going off resort to another Florida event, etc , but just wondering overall how everyone anticipates how many days to purchase. Say you arrive on the 9th and wll depart on the 19th - a person in my mind rarely would use the end day for a ticket, and depending when you get there for arrival - you may not use that 1st day. Then on top of that, if you plan on using water parks for a whole day - that is another day not used. Just trying to figure out how many days we need and thought I would ask you guys how you figure it. Thanks and sorry if this is not phrased exact - had surgery and on pain pills - maybe I should book a 180 day trip right now...hehe. Thanks.

TammiMcMan
03-25-2010, 01:07 AM
Even if we plan on taking a day for a waterpark or spending it around the resort pool, we usually end up entering a park for something (either a bite to eat, some shopping, viewing fireworks, etc.) That being said, we always end up getting park hoppers for all the days we'll be there, except for that last travel day home. Plus, you want to take a minute to really price out the tickets. The difference between an 8 day and a 10 day is only $6. If you are planning another trip, an Annual Pass or non-expiring ticket might be a better option. If you aren't planning multiple days at a water park, then purchasing that ticket separately might be less expensive.

Regarding the two reservations, are your older children getting a room of their own? If not, I don't believe you can have two separate reservations for guests staying in the same room. The way it works with Disney is that everyone in your room has to be on the same package. If that doesn't work for you, you may need to wait and add your older children onto the reservation after you arrive. That way they aren't tied into having the same exact package.

Because you have alot of things going on with this reservation, you may want to check in with Magical Journeys. You can link them on the top left hand side of this page. They are Disney experts and can really help you with your decisions.

(I just had surgery myself and I'm on pain medication, so I know exactly how you are feeling :ill: )

gerald72
03-25-2010, 08:32 AM
Like the previous poster said, once you pay for seven or eight days in the parks, the price for additional days is minimal. You might want to just get the 10 days. You might want to go to mk just to see wishes or epcot just for dinner. It's worth the extra couple of bucks.
I usually use a day on both arrival and departure days, but everyones plans are different.
To the previous poster, I think the op meant that there is going to be one reservation for when everyone is there, and one reservation for later when the kids leave.

CleveRocks
03-25-2010, 09:03 AM
You can buy a smaller ticket now and then add days during your trip if you need them. Upgrading costs EXACTLY the same as if you bought all the days at one time in advance.

Day 4 of a multi-day ticket costs only $6, and Days 5 through 10 cost only $3 each. You could buy, for instance, a 6-day ticket to start. if you feel you need more days, just go to any ticket booth OR to your DIsney resort's Lobby Concierge desk and simply add days for only three dollars per day per ticket.

This way, you don't risk buying more days than you need.

And you can even do it after your ticket is all used up. But you must do it no later than 14 days from the day you first used the ticket.