PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Airlines?

Morpheous
03-24-2010, 08:20 PM
So out of Curiosity, what is everyone's favorite airlines for their vacations to WDW?

We used to go United and Frontier but as of last year have been more interested in Southwest. We just booked our flight for our August trip about 250ish round trip per-person.

Just curious to hear what everyone else likes. :)

faline
03-24-2010, 08:26 PM
At this point, any one that will offer me a direct flight at a reasonable rate and get me there safely.

We've flown several times on Southwest - not because it's my favorite (I'm not a big fan of their seating policy) - but because it was the best cost. This year, we'll be flying once on Southwest and once on Jet Blue.

DizneyRox
03-24-2010, 08:28 PM
Favorite? There IS only one as far as I'm concerned, and that's Southwest. I honestly don't even check any where else.

ElenitaB
03-24-2010, 08:46 PM
Ours used to be Song, but alas, Delta chose to shut down what was the best part of their brand. Now when possible we fly JetBlue. We've found that they're very responsive to passenger needs.

BriarRose0708
03-24-2010, 08:56 PM
I find I like the amenities on Jet Blue the best but I usually go with the cheapest rate/most convenient flight times. I used to live by Air Tran but have had a couple bad experiences lately and probably won't fly them again soon. I wish Southwest flew out of my home air port!

faline
03-24-2010, 08:59 PM
Ours used to be Song, but alas, Delta chose to shut down what was the best part of their brand. Now when possible we fly JetBlue. We've found that they're very responsive to passenger needs.

I was a big fan of Song as well!

Luthien Tinuviel
03-24-2010, 09:15 PM
Frontier!!!!!! (and they have the best commercials)

cather74
03-24-2010, 09:24 PM
Jetblue all the way!!!:number1:

KylesMom
03-24-2010, 09:25 PM
At this point, any one that will offer me a direct flight at a reasonable rate and get me there safely.

We've flown several times on Southwest - not because it's my favorite (I'm not a big fan of their seating policy) - but because it was the best cost. This year, we'll be flying once on Southwest and once on Jet Blue.

In agreement here, Linda.

We flew for the first time on Southwest last year (first flight out on a Saturday), and had no problems since we were able to get "A" seating whereby our whole family was able to sit together on the outbound flight. We flew AA back due to the Disney Resort Airline Check In system. HUGE benefit for us, since we take the last possible flight out of Orlando on our last day & enjoy MK to its fullest.

Now that Southwest is charging $10 each for Early Bird seating and their costs are higher, it just wasn't competitive with American this year. After much debate, we're flying both ways with AA this time around. There just isn't enough price difference (even with checked bags) to substantiate the possibility of us not sitting together to start our vacation. I have also yet to see any "Ding" fares from MDW to MCO since I signed up 18 months ago. I book airfares as part of my major job description, and Southwest throughout most of the country is very competititve. Not from Chicago to Orlando, however on the first flight out or the last flight back on a Saturday. It really depends on the market you're in.

svarhall07
03-24-2010, 10:00 PM
JET BLUE!!!! 2 reasons: direct tv (live tv) on every flight and "Terminal 5" at JFK (free wifi and great food - they deliver to your seat while you wait for the flight).

kakn7294
03-24-2010, 10:42 PM
Easily Southwest. They are one of only 2 airlines with nonstops from Pittsburgh and baggage is free. Plus, they never change flight times and you get there when they say you will.

DizneyRox
03-24-2010, 11:44 PM
... Plus, they never change flight times and you get there when they say you will.
This is the big one for us. Not once has a flight been cancelled or changed. We pick the times to fly for a reason and we know that Southwest will fly that route.

I know the seating bothers some people, but we've never been seperated or had any trouble with seating. Maybe if you're in the C boarding group, but we've neer been there. 24 hours like clockwork, we check-in.

Lakin
03-24-2010, 11:52 PM
Yah, I'm going be the odd one in this discussion and say AirTran. Taken it both flights to the world and haven't had an issue.

javamama
03-24-2010, 11:55 PM
Delta for obvious reasons:thumbsup: I've flown air tran in the past no major issues except big schedule changes because I booked out so far and they moved us to connecting flights, and split our party of 6 up. I called and they did fix things without any issues.

Disney4us2
03-25-2010, 12:46 AM
I was a big fan of Song as well!

I liked Song too. Like it much better than Delta. My favorite had been United (between LAX and HNL). For MCO.. I like any red eye direct flight. Which is usually Delta or United.

olivegirl
03-25-2010, 06:44 AM
For us SPIRIT airlines all the way!!!! We take a short ride to Atlantic City airport, check in....no nonsense what so ever!!!! You cant beat it!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
03-25-2010, 07:13 AM
Southwest. Direct flights, almost always on time. Great airfare.

VWL Mom
03-25-2010, 07:32 AM

:ditto:

Additionally, Continental schedules may be better from Newark, but the big plus for JetBlue is that they credit you for decrease in airfare and CO doesn't.

PopPhan
03-25-2010, 07:41 AM
Southwest! Out of Baltimore, it is our best option for non-stop, low-cost flights to Orlando. :mickey:

Now that Southwest is expanding their ability to use Resort Check In to all the resorts, it is a no-brainer for us!!

Last trip, our bags arrived in Baltimore before we did!!! We checked them in the morning, but our flight wasn't until mid-afternoon -- they (the bags) took an earlier flight!! :)

Mrs Bus Driver
03-25-2010, 08:46 AM
Southwest, we tried US air and it was terrible. They changed flight times and seating arrangements. DD was to arrive before BF and help him with his wheelchair, us air put her on a flight that arrived 2 hours after his. And charging for the first bag just makes everyone bring carry on. Charging for all drinks and snacks as well. Their planes/seating weren't any nicer or more comfortable then Southwest. I will never use us air again. I love the early check-in at Southwest. :mickey:

cer
03-25-2010, 11:35 AM
Southwest for us! :thumbsup:

c&d
03-25-2010, 11:44 AM
Delta for us. We've tried them all and Delta works best for us.

ThanxForNoticin
03-25-2010, 12:39 PM
Another very large vote for Southwest. Whenever possible, we go with them because they have the best fares, the best service, they don't have the hidden and annoying costs for checked bags, they don't change their flight times after you book, and they have the simplest refund/change policies in the business. Not everyone is able to get to a Southwest flight, but we love it.

All this being said, if Southwest cannot meet our needs at times, our second choice will be Airtran. The baggage fees really annoy me, but they do a pretty good job otherwise.

Fangorn
03-25-2010, 12:45 PM
Gotta throw my vote for Southwest in here as well. I fly a lot. Up and down the west coast, and cross country. I don't even consider another airline unless SWA doesn't go where I need to go (and it does happen). For me, the biggest thing is consistency and reliability. I have never had SWA change a flight schedule on me, or cancel a flight for anything other than weather.

Customer Service at SW is the best of all the airlines I've flown (United and Delta battle each other for the worst, IMHO).

Steve

AirlineGuy07
03-25-2010, 03:42 PM
At the moment not Jetblue. They took away our nonstop flight on the way back in May. They never contacted us either and luckily found out about it by mistake before we went. Two months before we are to leave they did a schedule change. Didn't sit well with me. They did refund our tickets and bought a return flight on SW. Never flew SW before so I'm going to see first hand what all the hype is about.

forever a child
03-25-2010, 04:58 PM
Whoever is cheapest, safest and gets us there on time and direct! Not asking too much is it? LOL

Flying Air Tran this trip for the first time out of Lexington, direct. They had limited days of flights but the rates were great! DD and I could get separated in seating...we'll see. But she has flown before in small charter planes without sitting next to me (with tons of turbulance) so I think she can handle under 2 hours for this flight.:plane: Either way...once we are there...who care!:mickey:

Morpheous
03-25-2010, 10:08 PM
Well, last year was our first time on Southwest. We checked in 24 hours early on the way to MCO, and had no problems staying together. Unfortunately we didn't for our return flight and my two cousin's who were vacationing with us each ended up sitting on their own as we were in the last group to board. Aside from that problem Southwest was just an overall better experience for us.

We just can't find a cheaper Airline from Denver to Orlando. We would love to fly Frontier again but they just don't offer as good fares, and seem to cram alot of fees in the cheaper the fare you go. (As it seems with most airlines these days :( )

JetBlue would be interesting to try especially with all the comforts mentioned here! Unfortunately they don't offer any direct flights to Orlando from here.

DizNee143
03-26-2010, 10:49 AM
i am a JetBlue girl..
but truthfully ill fly whoever is cheapest at the time..
i dont go by people saying this one is bad and that one is bad..cuz you will always hear conflicting stories..so whatever lol..:mickey:
as long as the plane gets me to orlando for a good price im on that plane! lol

disney1122
03-26-2010, 11:19 AM
Delta for us!

eeyorepoohfan
03-26-2010, 01:37 PM
Another vote for Southwest. Can't beat the cost! Our closest airport does not offer much in variety, so flights can get expensive fast. I can get a roundtrip ticket from El Paso, TX to Orlando for approximately $250 per person (no direct flights offered through any airlines out of ELP). Other airlines were going to charge me between $600-$1000 per person for similar flights on the same days. Plus, I love free checked luggage. All of the employees of Southwest were very friendly to us too! No exaggeration, on our connecting flight from Dallas, the flight attendants were asking if we needed any drink or snack refills every 30 minutes! It was fantastic!! Flights were all on time too! My hubby and I opted not to do the online check-in and just see what happened. We ended up in the first or second boarding group for each leg of the flight and always got to sit next to each other! Big plus! :thumbsup:

Oh, and when we stayed at POP Century in December they were participating in the check-in service for the airport. So we gave them our checked luggage and they printed our boarding passes right then and there. We just had to load the Magical Express and get through security (which look less than 5 minutes that day!! :cloud9: ). When we landed in El Paso, our luggage arrived when we did. A nice ending to a fantastic vacation! :mickey: :blush: :thumbsup:

Loweschevy
03-26-2010, 01:41 PM
We really enjoy Continental- direct flights from CLE

GeorgeOfTheJungle
03-26-2010, 02:24 PM
JetBlue is my favorite airline. Great rates, and they fly to Orlando conveniently from the small commuter airport near my house! :thumbsup:

wildernesslady
03-26-2010, 02:34 PM
Another vote for Southwest. We don't mind their seating policy. They also give credits when a flight cost changes.

AirlineGuy07
03-26-2010, 03:05 PM
Poor United and US Airways no mention of them at all.....LOL....I refuse to fly on anyone who charges for bags unless thats the only way I can get to where I'm going.

DiannaJ
03-26-2010, 06:40 PM
Delta by far is the best and the only one I will fly. They are always on time haven't lost my baggage and there staff are great. I would fly Southwest if they would pack you in like sardines and would feed you something more than 5 pretzells and a cup full of ice with a little soda. Very uncomfortable for anything more than an hour trip in there seats. United has become very unfriendly and more expensive than most other airlines and so I won't fly with them anymore.

RAIDER
03-26-2010, 06:48 PM
British Airways and Virgin Atlantic for me :thumbsup:

comicguy
03-26-2010, 07:09 PM
Jet Blue all the way!!!!:mickey:

princessgirls
03-26-2010, 09:32 PM
I will say this...flying isn't what it used to be.

I live in Northern NJ...the busiest airhub in the nation.

JetBlue is the only airline that offers descent fares and times to Orlando.

Continental is always ridiculous and then I have to factor in the cost of the luggage.

We do like JetBlue...but then again, I don't have many other options.
Julie:mickey:

Tinksalot
03-26-2010, 10:08 PM
Jetblue! :thumbsup:

ryca1dreams
03-27-2010, 09:04 AM
We fly American. Out of DFW they usually have the best rates and schedules. Plus, I have a ton of miles with them.

Tried AirTran once, but it just wasn't for me.

dtootsie42
03-27-2010, 02:59 PM
Coming from Seattle we usually fly Alaska....they have a direct flight that we love...we used to fly Delta and always enjoyed the flight but lately they have been very expensive and their customer service is horrible. We have flown Virgin America up and down the west coast and love it....noticed that they are going to be adding Orlando as part of their service area. Yea!

mom2Z&A
03-27-2010, 05:03 PM
Southwest! Out of Baltimore, it is our best option for non-stop, low-cost flights to Orlando.

Now that Southwest is expanding their ability to use Resort Check In to all the resorts, it is a no-brainer for us!!

:ditto:

Last trip, our bags arrived in Baltimore before we did!!! We checked them in the morning, but our flight wasn't until mid-afternoon -- they (the bags) took an earlier flight!!

PopPhan - We've never had our bags arrive before us at BWI. Where did you ultimately retrieve your bags from when you landed? Just curious as the upgraded resort check in will be available to us this time! :thumbsup:

RedSoxandPatsfan
03-28-2010, 08:04 AM
Jet Blue first because of the TVs. Southwest is a close second because of where they fly out of. Manchester is easier and cheaper than Boston.

mrsgaribaldi
03-28-2010, 08:12 AM
Jet Blue and we used to fly Song. I love Jet Blue. We've flown over 30 times and never had any lost luggage and very few minor things have happened. Of course next time we fly we'll probably have to make an emergency water landing now that I've jinxed us :(
Customer service is always great too:mickey:

DisneyorBust
03-28-2010, 10:09 AM
Southwest for us! Great flight crews, a number of flight choices and fantastic prices.

lettripp
03-28-2010, 10:17 AM
Southwest. Hands down...

Disney Doll
03-28-2010, 01:27 PM
The best is Southwest. I don't even look at the other airlines. Great prices, great customer service, no baggage fees. The seating policy doesn't bother me. I actually like that I am not assigned a seat. Unruly kids in the terminal,I can avoid them on the plane. Someone with overwhelming body odor, I can avoid them too.

EeyoresBestFriend
03-28-2010, 05:51 PM
British Airways and Virgin Atlantic for me :thumbsup:

Raider, I'll keep you company on the international front ~

Westjet always! :cloud9:

Though I'd love to have access to British Airways from our area!!

Bellerella
04-05-2010, 09:34 PM
Frontier is our all-time favorite, but being that they do not participate with ME, we used United last year, and it was ok. We are using American Airlines this year... but we miss Frontier! We always love the animals on the wing lol...

DisneyFr33k
04-06-2010, 05:08 AM
We've flown Delta and Southwest down to Orlando and found that we prefer Southwest for four reasons:

the plane allows bigger carry on items (their over head storage is larger)
the prices are a lot cheaper.
They allow more checked luggage with no added fees
Plus, they are always on time. Delta had us sitting on the runway for an hour while something was "checked", then we had to wait another 15 minutes while the "completed paperwork".

We'll always fly Southwest from now on. :plane:

PopPhan
04-06-2010, 08:44 AM
PopPhan - We've never had our bags arrive before us at BWI. Where did you ultimately retrieve your bags from when you landed? Just curious as the upgraded resort check in will be available to us this time! :thumbsup:

When we arrived at Baggage Claim, and the luggage started being placed on the carousel, we were paged to an area along the back wall of the Baggage Claim area....Our bags were sitting there! We did have to show photo ID to claim them, though. (They didn't recognize us!! :D )

We had checked the bags in the morning, upon checking out of our room, but our flight wasn't until mid-afternoon. I guess that since the bags were there and ticketed for BWI, they were put on the first cart to the airport serving flights to BWI. DW and I both got a big laugh out of being paged by/for our luggage!!

PopPhan
04-06-2010, 08:51 AM
Frontier is our all-time favorite, but being that they do not participate with ME, we used United last year, and it was ok. We are using American Airlines this year... but we miss Frontier! We always love the animals on the wing lol...

Chelsita, just remember that ALL airlines flying into/out of MCO participate in the travel part of DME (bus FROM the airport TO your Disney resort/FROM your Disney resort TO the airport) and all participate in the delivery of your luggage TO your Disney resort. It's just that not all allow Resort Check-In for your flight and baggage service FROM your Disney resort TO the airport -- you must take your bags to the bus, then from the bus into the airport.

Even before Southwest added the Resort Check-In portion of DME, we still took advantage of the service. Lugging our bags to the bus and into the airport was only a minor annoyance.

DVC2004
04-06-2010, 10:59 AM
I like Airtran. We can fly out of Milwaukee and usually have lots of times/non stops to choose from at very good prices. We've upgraded to business class a few times and it was great. I also love Jetblue, however they do not fly from Chicago to Orlando nonstop so we take them other places. The tvs make such a difference and great snacks. Not always on time though. We fly them to Long Beach when we go to Disneyland.