PDA

View Full Version : The Cold and Crowded Trip Report Part 2

BriarRose0708
03-24-2010, 06:39 PM
We got up early again Monday morning to head to EPCOT. When I left the room at 7:30 to get coffee and water there was a huuuuge long line for Animal Kingdom because they had EMH that morning. Two people were waiting for EPCOT and I hoped it would remain that way. We were able to get on a bus easily but it was still standing room only at 8:20.

We were through security and turnstyles at 8:45 and waited with the crowd for rope drop. The mass of people going into The Land for Soarin' Fast Passes was crazy huge and the lines at the kiosks for FP extended into Sunshine Seasons. Once we got our passes we grabbed a small breakfast of bananas and OJ at Sunshine and then rode Living with the Land. Being a vegetarian and fan of organic products and farmers markets, my sister LOVED this. Next time we go I will book a Behind the Seeds tour for her.

Our return time for Soarin' was during our breakfast at Akershus so we saved the FP for later in the day and moved on to walk around and see the topiaries from Flower and Garden Fest. They were beautiful! I liked F&G because it wasn't as in your face as Food and Wine is and didn't detract too much from the overall experience of EPCOT. ( I love Food and Wine, don't get me wrong!) The butterfly garden was a bust because most of the crysalises hadn't hatched into Monarchs yet, so we weren't in there for too long. We checked into Akershus about a half hour early but didn't have to wait more than 10 minutes. We had an awesome breakfast here and met the best princesses (Belle, Snow White, Cindy, Aurora, and Ariel) and ate way too much!

After breakfast we went on Maelstrom (my favorite!!!!) and then made our way around the World looking in the shops, meeting more characters and taking pictures. It wasn't too crowded back there and having room to groove was really nice after being packed into the MK the previous day. After seeing everything in the WS we went to use our Soarin' FP and got C1. I was bummed because I thought we were on the very end of the hang glider andwould have a bad view, but we actually ended up next the the B glider. It was a great view with no feet in your sight line! Soarin' remains one of my top rides and I wish we had an opportunity to do it again this trip.

By this time it was around 3:30 p.m. and we chose to check out Downtown Disney and make a decision: Should we keep our Hollywood and Vine ADR or cancel it? You'll find out in part 3 coming soon!

faline
03-24-2010, 07:33 PM
The Flower & Garden show is one of my favorite times to visit! The topiaries and flowers add so much to World Showcase! Glad you and your sister enjoyed it!

the other micki
03-24-2010, 11:56 PM
Awwww...what a fun sister trip! Princesses and everything! Looking forward to day 3 :mickey:

mouseketeer mom
03-25-2010, 09:03 AM
Agreed. Soarin' is my fave too. Another great day! And yes, try the Behind the seeds tour next time. It was very informative, and you even get to sample some things grown in the Land.

yjgirl32
03-25-2010, 09:22 AM
We went to Disney in May of 07 during the tail end of the flower & garden show and I wasn't very excited about it- but when I saw all their creations I was amazed- would love to go again. Will get to experience the Food & Wine festival this year- looking forward to that too. Great report- a great sister trip. Can't wait to read more.

DizNee143
03-25-2010, 09:26 AM
sounds like another good day so far!! thanks for sharing..and cant wait to read more!!! :mickey:

KylesMom
03-25-2010, 09:33 AM
Great start to the day. Isn't it amazing the rush to The Land pavilion for those Soarin' FPs first thing? How fun that you were able to enjoy the Princess Breakfast! Looking forward to your next report. :mickey:

princessgirls
03-25-2010, 12:59 PM
A great day!! Thanks for the report.

The flower and garden festival is just beautiful isn't it??

Julie:mickey:

vizsla
03-27-2010, 05:21 AM
Thanks for the report.

slegrant
03-27-2010, 11:35 AM
Can't wait for part 3:mickey: Glad you were having a great time.

pdrlkr
04-04-2010, 08:40 AM
Thanks for the Report! :balloon: