PDA

View Full Version : FW Cabins transportation to MK and Epcot

Jessietoystory2
03-24-2010, 04:17 PM
We will be staying at FW Cabins in July. How do we get to MK and Epcot?

kathiep
03-24-2010, 04:43 PM
Take the boat to the Magic Kingdom! We loved doing this last summer. I think it may have been the highlight of my kids' trip. Once at MK , you can take the monorail to Epcot. Or you can take the boat over to the contemporary and hop on the monorail there. You'll need to switch trains at the TTC to get to Epcot.

ibrowse17
03-24-2010, 09:06 PM
The boat to MK is a great ride, and there is a direct bus to Epcot from the Outpost. Have a great time:thumbsup:

disneyers
03-26-2010, 01:15 AM
It will all depend on where your cabin is located.

When we stayed there, we were in the 2800 loop, so it made MUCH more sense for us to catch the bus in the parking lot. (Really, the only loops close to the boat launch are the campsites/ RV sites. I don't think I can post a link here, but google "Fort Wilderness Campground Map" and you'll see how far the cabins are from the boat launch.) Fair warning, the boat ride can be a little long as there is a "no wake" zone when you go by the Contemporary, where the Captain has to slow down to boat to around 5 mph, but it is fun!

Are you renting a golf cart? You'll want one. We didn't and wished we had. The internal bus system is great, but it's so much nicer to just be able to "go" once you've gotten ready. Instead of waiting for the internal bus and then waiting again for another bus/ a boat.

If you have rented a golf cart and want to try the boat, there is some great golf cart parking by the boat launch.

Have a great trip! :mickey:

TikiLounger
03-26-2010, 09:40 AM
Yes, definitely rent a golf cart. This way, no matter where you're located in the campground, you can just zip over to the boat launch or the Outpost. You can park your cart and leave it charging while you're away and it will be there when you get back so you can just get right back on it and back to your cabin without dealing with the internal bus system. Do take the boat over to the MK at least once. It's a very pleasant ride over.