PDA

View Full Version : Food carts/stands around WDW...

BrerGnat
03-24-2010, 03:35 PM
Do they still only accept cash as payment? I'm talking mostly about the ice cream and snack carts.

Do they take KTTW cards?

Just trying to plan how much cash to allocate for our trip in two days!

KylesMom
03-24-2010, 03:47 PM
We've never had our KTTW card denied at any of the snack & beverage carts at Disney in recent trips. I should add that we charge everything back to our room - including Mickey bars, Powerade, Egg Rolls, Dole Whips, Margaritas, etcetera - and pay it off with our Disney Visa card. Man, I just made myself hungry!!! I think I remember one place that didn't take the KTTW card at Epcot - the funnel cake stand - and they had a sign on the window clearly stating they didn't take the card.

Although we always make certain we carry $30-$40 cash on us at all times, we usually come home with most of what we bring down - we just use cash for valet/mousekeeping tips and other incidentals at the airports.

BrerGnat
03-24-2010, 04:57 PM
Thanks Carol! I was under the impression that they only took cash, as my last few trips down have been with friends and we didn't charge to the room.

We'll be charging everything to the room this time around.

Good to know we won't need much cash. Hate carrying it around! We'll use just for tips as needed.

KylesMom
03-24-2010, 05:06 PM
Yeah, DH thinks I'm nuts for whipping out the KTTW card just to buy a few beverages or snacks - but I feel safer not carrying around too much cash. Plus it allows me to keep better track of our spending habits when all of the charges are on one bill/room statement!

kathiep
03-25-2010, 05:05 PM
I like charging everything too. I find that when we get home, if all expenditures are on one receipt, it's so much easier to determine who much your trip REALLY cost!

Scott C
03-25-2010, 06:27 PM
Yes they take it -- but I did run into a couple of instances where the CM assumed that I was on the Dining Plan -- which I wasn't. That held things up a little. I learned to specify that I was charging to a room key. No problem after that.

Thanks
Scott C

BrerGnat
03-25-2010, 07:04 PM
Yes they take it -- but I did run into a couple of instances where the CM assumed that I was on the Dining Plan -- which I wasn't. That held things up a little. I learned to specify that I was charging to a room key. No problem after that.

Thanks
Scott C

Thanks for the tip!

Goofy4TheWorld
03-25-2010, 10:04 PM
...it's so much easier to determine who much your trip REALLY cost!

Why would you EVER want to know that??? :shrug::ill: ;)

LVT
03-26-2010, 11:43 PM
Added question? Do the food places at the waterparks also allow the room key charging?
thanks