PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk Resort

lightyearfan
03-24-2010, 03:30 PM
Well me and dw just returned home yesterday from WDW:pout:, and when we arrived to check in at our usual place of stay ASMU, the cm took a bit longer than usual, and said that she would be right back, after a few minutes she came back and said we have some great news for ya we''re overbooked here so we are upgrading you to the Boardwalk Resort. WOW, are you kdding i said and she said nope, and then i said this is why you can't beat DIsney. The manager came out and said that we were actually doing them a big favor and thanked me and dw. Now onto the boardwak, me and dw frequent the bw many times during our stays , and always wondered what it would be like, well it was beautiful, the room was perfect the beds were really comfortable and the service was second to none. and the only noise that we heard which wasnt often was when a family would pass by in the hall going to there rooms.we also enjoyed the fact that we could walk to Epcot and DHS whick was really nice as well, a big thumbs up to ASMU and the Boardwalk for making this past trip and extra special one!:tink::mickey2:

artyboy
03-24-2010, 03:42 PM
That's awesome! Good for you!:mickey:

mickeefan
03-25-2010, 09:25 AM
Awesome, but it could have ever changing effects if you allow it to.
In 2001 we were booked at CBR which was where we always had stayed and the same thing happened due to renovations. We were moved to the Contemporary.
It didn't take only a couple of days and we were so hooked we never went back. We just adjusted our schedules so we didn't go quite so often, but always stayed deluxe. If you look at our trips listed you will see what i mean.
Now that I am retired we have decided the Boardwalk and Beach Club Villas will be our 1st choice.

Seasonscraps
03-25-2010, 10:02 AM
I love stories like this!! I am glad you had such a wonderful vacation!

TammiMcMan
03-25-2010, 10:23 AM
Excellent upgrade, so happy for you :number1:.

faline
03-25-2010, 10:53 AM
Congrats on your unexpected upgrade! :thumbsup:

bruin1344
03-25-2010, 01:16 PM
Thats awesome. That happened to us in the 1990s. Caribbean Beach was overbooked so they put us at the Beach Club.

renecat
03-25-2010, 01:48 PM
Awesome, but it could have ever changing effects if you allow it to.
In 2001 we were booked at CBR which was where we always had stayed and the same thing happened due to renovations. We were moved to the Contemporary.
It didn't take only a couple of days and we were so hooked we never went back. We just adjusted our schedules so we didn't go quite so often, but always stayed deluxe. If you look at our trips listed you will see what i mean.
Now that I am retired we have decided the Boardwalk and Beach Club Villas will be our 1st choice.

Couldn't agree more a few years ago my sister and I decided to take my two granddaughter for their first trip. We decided to splurge and do the GF. Had always stayed at moderates before. Now when we go we do deluxes. We are taking our cousin who has never been before and I told her the other night that we were ruining her. Once you go deluxe you never go back.
What an awesome story about the upgrade so happy for you!

tyandskyesmom
03-25-2010, 03:58 PM
Oh, I am so jealous....things like that don't ever happen for us!

Congrats!

azcavalier
03-25-2010, 09:04 PM
That is awesome. I'm waiting for our first random upgrade....except that when just the DW and I go, we usually stay at a DVC resort. Boardwalk, Wilderness Lodge Villas...so I doubt this will ever happen. And when we go with kids, we have three, which makes upgrading us difficult. Not many places sleep 5.

GINNY69
03-25-2010, 09:20 PM
Congratulations on your upgrade.. I never had that kind of luck. We are staying at the boardwalk resort in a few weeks and I am really excited.. We will be checking in kind of late so maybe we will be upgraded to the villa's.. Ok I know I am dreaming i don't have that kind of luck...

Jeff T
03-26-2010, 08:50 AM
Awesome! Just curious - will your next visit be to the All Star Resort or the Boardwalk Resort?

lightyearfan
03-26-2010, 03:08 PM
Awesome! Just curious - will your next visit be to the All Star Resort or the Boardwalk Resort?

good question, being that me and dw are out early 730ish in the morning and dont get back until late we are always going to try the ASMU first. now that being said we loved the Boardwalk Inn and if the $$$$ work out then we would try to stay there again or possibly Poly.

Victor