PDA

View Full Version : What are your favourite things to do at Night?

hauntedmansiongirl
03-24-2010, 12:03 PM
My DH and I are night owls and we were talking about our favourite things to do at WDW at night, and we were wondering what my fellow intercotees like to do.

We love BTMRR in the dark as you can see over the whole MK and Cinderella's Castle. We also find the JC to be a totally different ride at night. There is something eerie about plugging around in a boat and through the tunnels in the pitch dark. And lastly, (my DH can't understand this because "the ride in inside,") but I love the HM at night. The graveyard at the front and exiting at the mausoleum is just too cool! Also, the lines are usually shorter, which is another huge bonus.

What are your favourite things to do around the World at night? :mickey:

#1donaldfan
03-24-2010, 12:09 PM
....the night JC is one of my favs, but I think the all time favorite is KRR at night with a very close third being Splash Mtn....then just walking around at night, with all the lights .... just a great place to be....!!!!

disney1122
03-24-2010, 12:13 PM
Ooo....I'm with you on the Haunted Mansion! Love it! We love having dinner at Flying Fish and walking the Boardwalk afterwards. We also enjoy Downtown Disney at night. The Main Street Electrical Parade will pick back up in the summer this year and is great at night as well. We are going in June, so I'm looking forward to that!

Jll3Sonex
03-24-2010, 12:48 PM
I like the EMH - when virtually everyone's left, walking through the park and taking long-exposure shots to get the lighting.

Frankly, if I ever win the lottery I'd LOVE to build a house/resort that looks like the entranceway to Tomorrowland. :blush: :cloud9:

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
03-24-2010, 01:22 PM
Grab some popcorn and watch the parade!

disneymom15
03-24-2010, 01:54 PM
We also like the TTA. Only wish it went around the entire park.

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-24-2010, 02:42 PM
We love...

AK pm EMH - soo cool like your in another world!

Chasing the sparking sidewalks between Innoventions and Spaceship Earth.

Being one of the last people to walk around the World showcase.

Walking our resort pathways in the dead of night.

Being one of the last people walking down Main Street.

Sitting around the outside fire pit in AKL

Last Spectromagic parade.

Goofy's Barnstormers, TMRR and Test Track while Illuminations grand finale is going off! :cloud9:

I agree with the TTA at night.

And once upon a time... Tapestry of Dreams.

ali'sdad2003
03-24-2010, 03:06 PM
Last trip, I went on ToT at night and that was awesome. :thumbsup:
Ohana for dinner during Wishes. Last Trip, it was the MNSSHP fireworks. Boo To You I believe.:D
Walking around any of the All-Star or Pop resorts. Everything looks so different.
Also, I love arriving the late at night. You can get to your room relax and sleep and you wake up and you are there and ready to go.
Getting some sugary snacks, bringing them back to the room and indulging.
Wow, did not think that I would come up with that many.

slegrant
03-24-2010, 04:10 PM
Some of my favorites are:

Watching the Electrical Water Pagent from the beach at Fort Wilderness then Wishes:mickey:

Being at the Magic Kingdom for EMH's We really like Jungle Cruise, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder & Haunted Mansion.

Downtown Disney at Night witha stop at Ghiradellis.

Being at Epcot and walking around World Showcase taking in the sites.

Taking a boat from the Magic Kingdom back to Fort Wilderness after EMH's it's so peaceful.

Well I will stop there, otherwise this could be a thirty page post:mickey:

Alaska Disney Fan
03-24-2010, 07:44 PM
EMH at AK and EE this park is a completely different experience at night.

Just walking around DTD.

Watching a movie at the pool at ASMU after a long day at the park.

goofygirl67
03-24-2010, 09:26 PM
Just being at WDW at night is great. I love the lights and everthing about it. I plan my vacations around EMH.

Touchdown
03-24-2010, 11:05 PM
DHS:
-ToT
-Fantasmic!

Epcot:
-Walking around WS
-Illuminations

MK:
-BTMRR
-Splash Mt
-Dumbo
-Cinderella's Golden Carousel
-TTA
-Wishes
-Spectromagic
-Walking down Main Street
-Goodnight Kiss

Mousemates
03-25-2010, 08:44 AM
We love walking around the Boardwalk and in the resort areas that lies between Epcot and The Studios....(Swan/Dolphin/BC/YC/BW)...lots of water and glass to reflect light (especially around the swan/dolphin)...to us its the prettiest nighttime area outside of the theme parks.

Scrappy2
03-25-2010, 09:31 AM
Oh I love all things Disney at night.
AK-totally different park at night.
MK-Astro Orbitor because you can see the whole park and it's wonderful lights. The night time parade..Spectro Magic or Electric Light Parade that they are bringing back this year. HM, JC and BTMRR.
Epcot-World Showcase at night.
Disney Boardwalk.

bruin1344
03-25-2010, 01:08 PM
1. Jellyrolls at Boardwalk
2. Illuminations
3. Wishes
4. All the MK attractions, even if indoors
5. Walk around World Showcase
6. Have ice cream at Main St. Ice Cream shop

joonyer
03-25-2010, 01:54 PM
We love to ride Splash Mountain after dark during the fireworks. It's our favorite MK attraction and the fireworks make it even more special. It's also not very crowded at that time and you can usually ride 2-3 times with no waiting. We usually visit MK several times so we can watch Wishes in full on another evening.

I think one of the coolest things to do would be to ride Astro-Orbiter after dark. Great views of the Mk and all the lights at night.

Ms. Mode
03-26-2010, 08:49 AM
When you ride Splash Mountain and/or Big Thundermountain after dark you get a really good view of Cinderella's Castle. Our last trip the fireworks were going off right when we got on the ride...it was beautiful! :thumbsup:

beksy
03-26-2010, 01:14 PM
I love the MK and EC after dark. In MK I love grabbing a Dole Whip Float and people watching, riding TTA, BTMRR, the train, and just the atmosphere of MK. In EC I love just walking around world showcase and watching the lights in the sidewalk. The parks just have such a different feeling at night. I love that time of day! :cloud9:

mjm12000
03-26-2010, 01:23 PM
I love riding the BTMRR at night it seems faster, I also love looking at the lights on Mainstreet until my eyes go all fuzzy and all the lights blur, I love watching the colours shift on the castle and I love love love riding the Tomorrow Land Transit Authority around tomorrowland and seeing all the lights and neon.

finaldynasty
05-17-2010, 07:42 PM
Either hang out at the pool or ride Kali River Rapids!

biodtl
05-17-2010, 09:01 PM
It's hard to narrow down, because I love everything at night. I like to do every thing I did in the day again at night, because it's a while different experience. And while the "outside" rides - like JC, BTMR, SplM, TTA, Astro Orbiter, etc are fun, I totally get the inside thing, too. I really enjoy HM and Pirates at night - there is just a different feeling around the area at night.

And Main Street is so beautiful at night!

elorac
05-17-2010, 09:04 PM
TTA, DTD, California Grill to watch the fireworks and walking on the Boardwalk

elmjimmlm
05-17-2010, 10:29 PM
I love walking around HS and listening to the music... In AK I love riding KRR in the dark... MK by far is the most fun at night... Any ride that you ride has such a different feel after dark... I could go on and on and on...

Fastpasssteve
05-18-2010, 02:39 AM
I love Illuminations followed by a late night at Jellyrolls.

TikiLounger
05-18-2010, 08:04 AM
We love Thunder Mountain and The Haunted Mansion at night. Pirates, too. Expedition Everest is so great after dark. It has a entirely different feel. Tower of Terror...yikes! where do I stop? The evenings are truly magical in The World.

We also love walking around whichever resort we happen to be staying in. I have to say that I enjoy the grounds of The Polynesian and The Wilderness Lodge the most at night. The "sounds" of the pathways really add to the atmosphere.

ANG
05-18-2010, 08:32 AM
Wishes

5MemphisTiggers
05-18-2010, 08:33 AM
Seems all my favs have already been mentioned, but they are:

BTMRR is a lot of fun at night.
JC -- My DS and I rode this during Wishes one night, and it was great. You could only see flashes of the fireworks through the trees, but it was like riding JC during a thunderstorm. Really cool.
HM -- Darkness during the queue and at the exit just adds to the ambience.
Astro Orbiter -- Being high above Tomorrowland when it is all lit up is, again, really cool.
ToT -- Like HM, the darkness adds to the abmience of the ride, and the views when the doors open before the drop are spectacular.

Wish I were there now . . .

Michelle15
05-18-2010, 09:22 AM
Two of my absolute favorite things to do at night are:

Splash Mountain~as you come around the corner and see the castle all lit up.

and

Eating my Mint Chocolate Ice Cream and watching Wishes:mickey:

crltkcagle
05-18-2010, 10:49 AM
My favorite thing to do at night has always been watching Tink fly from the castle across the park!

pixiedustct
05-18-2010, 10:54 AM
Wishes... it gives me goosebumps everytime! also, just walking around DTD or taking the boat to dtd

GoBlueLacheta
05-18-2010, 11:50 AM
Test Track at night is great...Tomorrowland at Night...BTMRR ( Any outside coaster at night is always better)...Around Spaceship earth...Tower of Terror..

Figment104
05-18-2010, 12:16 PM
As so many others have said, riding Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Pirates, I'll have to try Jungle Cruise since we haven't done that one yet at night. We also love walking around world showcase with some sort of adult beverage in hand :marg: and just taking it all in, and I love the sparkly sidewalks in future world.

When at the resort we love to walk the path that leads from the boat dock to the pool area at the WL. There's something about those lanterns they have that just gives me goosebumps thinking about it. We also love riding the boat back from MK to WL or the other way around and seeing everything all lit up from the water. Then you have the added bonus of sometimes catching the electric water parade and I'm all set.

Can't wait to experience all this in Sept! :mickey: :cloud9:

Tinker Fan
05-18-2010, 09:30 PM
Love walking through Downtown Disney at night and also watching movies by the pool at ASMU. We were at HS one night during EMH and we almost had the park to ourselves and we watched this band called Mulch, Sweat and Shears, it was so funny and we had such a good time that night.