PDA

View Full Version : When is the best time to go

emmyandminniemommy
03-24-2010, 11:59 AM
We would like to plan another trip to Disney but we would like to know when it is the least busy and possibly when they run the best deals. Thanks:mickey:

hauntedmansiongirl
03-24-2010, 12:07 PM
We have been at the end of January, beginning of April and in the last week of Sept/ first week of October. Of those times, the best is definitely September. There is usually good deals, namely the free dining plan (can't go wrong there!), and the crowds are very minimal. We never wait longer than 20 minutes for rides (even TSM at DHS or EE at AK), and we always get the room that we want in the resort that we want. If you go mid Sept and later there is also the benefit of the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party! Dining reservations are usually a little easier to get as well.

Have a great trip! :mickey:

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-24-2010, 12:18 PM
We have gone in the dead of December, mid January, week after Easter, mid March, week after Labor Day in Sept, and 3rd week in October.

September was our absolute favorite until we went in October 2007. October is now our month of choice. We get to do MNSSHP and the Food & Wine Fest. Crowds are at a minimum which makes our excitement at a maximum. Still feels like Florida, not too hot as early September tended to be. Weather is good enough to swim and not freeze. Mostly shorts weather, with occasional sweatshirt in the evening. PERFECT!!!

October has become our "Disney" month. and I think that even when the kids are in school, we will continue to go in October as long as we can.

faline
03-24-2010, 12:29 PM
It's sometimes hard to predict the best months for crowds as there have been reports of fairly large crowds during times that, in the past, typically featured low crowds.

January - generally low crowds (once you get past the 1st) but weather can be iffy.

February - generally low crowds at the very beginning of the month, but, again, the weather is iffy.

Mid-February - Easter week - usually quite busy with spring breaks with very heavy crowds Presidents week and Easter week and variations in the weeks in the middle. Weather is gradually improving during this period of time and is usually quite nice by Easter.

Week after Easter break - May - generally low crowds and nice weather though beginning to get hot and humid and crowds are beginning to pick up by the end of May.

June, July & August - very crowded and very hot and humid. Expect rain on a daily basis. Storms are usually short lived but can be intense. Hurricane season begins June 1st but is often most intense during the months of August and September.

End of August - September - summer crowds have gone home. Hot and humid weather remains. Prime hurrican season.

October - generally low crowds and weather begins to cool down a bit as well, particularly in the evenings.

November - Very busy for Thanksgiving and possibly around Veterans day as well. Other times have lower crowds. Weather is generally moderate but you can definitely have some cool weather. Hurricane season is winding down.

December - The early part of the month is generally uncrowded though reports in recent years have indicated crowd levels are increasing. Christmas through New Years' are extremely crowded. Weather is often nice but can be iffy and can range into downright cold.

vicster
03-24-2010, 02:20 PM
Another vote for September!!!

emmyandminniemommy
03-24-2010, 09:29 PM
Great!! I have been there in April, May, December, and late October-early November. We loved Mickey's Not So Scarry Halloween! My 4 year old does not do well with the really long lines, we still have not been on the Toy Story ride at DHS (not for lack of trying). So it seems that September is the time to go. Thank you so much! I want to go now!:D

vicster
03-25-2010, 08:31 AM
we still have not been on the Toy Story ride at DHS (not for lack of trying). So it seems that September is the time to go. Thank you so much! I want to go now!:D

We get a fast pass first thing when we get to DHS for Toy Story Mania. It seems to work out. Otherwise the wait is ridiculous.

joonyer
03-25-2010, 02:27 PM
Our favorite time to go weather and crowd wise, is October. But we are limited to times when school is not is session, so that knocks out September, early December, January, etc.

bruin1344
03-26-2010, 01:06 PM
Ive been around Presidents Day/Valentines Day, Mid May, Memorial Day week, and last week in August. Mid May was my favorite time because of low crowds, didnt rain much, and not too humid temperatures