PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Pointers From Yacht Club Veterans

Mousemates
03-24-2010, 09:35 AM
We ended making a next to the last minute resort change when we found out that the GF was going to be having some refurb work when we were scheduled to be there in April and are now going to be at the Yacht club for 3 of our 6 nights.

We've never stayed there before and were wondering if some of the folks who know the place quite well could point out a few things that might add a little extra magic to our stay...and not just big things like the better room locations or your favorite restaurant but also smaller things like subtleties in theming that are easy to miss or nuances in the layout that might make it easier to get from point a to point b.

thanks in advance

TammiMcMan
03-24-2010, 09:56 AM
I can comment on getting from point A to point B. JMO, but the resort sort of gave me a rabbit hole impression (lots of long hallways). I would definitely ask for a room closer to the lobby.

In terms of getting around, walk to Epcot and it's 50/50 on the boat or walking to DHS. They both take about the same amount of time. If a boat is at the dock, take it, if not, enjoy the stroll.

pamickeys
03-24-2010, 12:15 PM
there are always ducks playing in the pool in the morning, fun to watch. ever take the boat to epcot, the walk is beautiful. you can sit on the sand beach in the evenings.CM's in the gift shop ,always very helpful.no real short cuts around the place though, sorry.

HeadFairyInCharge
03-24-2010, 12:23 PM
Yacht Club has a comfortable feel...morning are great looking across towards the boardwalk..and there are surrey rentals to pedal around the area. The Epcot entrance at the World Showcase is a nice walk..not long and you are in France for pastries in the morning. We loved Yachtsman Steakhouse for a great dinner. Also enjoyed the Burgers and Milkshakes at Beaches and Cream. The Pool area is the best of any Resorts at Disney. And You are a short walk to the Boardwalk for lots of entertainment and Dining Choices. Great View to watch Illuminations from Bridge looking toward Epcot for Fireworks at 9pm every night. Enjoy the split stay and get to see both resorts! :mickey:

coloradowendyl
03-24-2010, 01:05 PM
For me...the Yacht Club has one HUGE benefit lol! Real coffee! In the lobby, tucked in the corner is a small coffee stand that does real coffee, lattes, and sells some pastries! There are a few tables and chairs! Seeing Disney is not known for outstanding coffee in most locations, this is a great find for those of us who need our "coffee fix" each day!

wendy

TammiMcMan
03-24-2010, 01:10 PM
Real coffee! In the lobby, tucked in the corner is a small coffee stand that does real coffee, lattes, and sells some pastries!I loved that spot and if I remember correctly, it opens very early. I would grab a cup and walk around a nearly deserted boardwalk :cloud9:.

Mousemates
03-25-2010, 12:16 AM
For me...the Yacht Club has one HUGE benefit lol! Real coffee!....this is a great find for those of us who need our "coffee fix" each day!

:thumbsup:

wdwvacationeer
03-25-2010, 07:13 AM
We loved the smell of the Yacht Club- periodically we will be out some where and one of my kids will say: "Do you smell that- it smells like the Yacht Club" Funny but true. It has a very comfortable feeling smell- if that makes any sense. We loved being able to walk to and from the World Showcase- I wouldn't even wait for the boat- the walk is very quick. Also, the pool is fantastic. My kids could easily spend the entire day at the pool.