PDA

View Full Version : How Long Is The Walk?

CinderAriel
03-24-2010, 05:45 AM
We are planning on staying at POP, and have requested a room in the back of the 50's section, as we have often read to do if you prefer a quieter room. Having never stayed there before, and not getting a good idea from the map, about how long is the walk to the bus stop and dining area? I do not mind walking at all, but reading some of the reviews, I hear complaints of this. Are we talking miles? Approximately how many minutes if we are moving at a casual pace? Thanks!

gerald72
03-24-2010, 06:18 AM
We were on the side opposite the pool near the lady statue. About five minutes if that to the main building. The tramp statue side might be a minute or two farther.

Ms. Mode
03-24-2010, 07:59 AM
It's really not TOO far; it's just that when you spend all day on your feet walking around the parks it FEELS like it takes forever to get back to your room. :mickey:

betteratmk
03-24-2010, 08:31 AM
:D Don't worry, you won't be hiking for miles!!! We stay all the time at Pop and request a lake view. it is much quieter than a pool view. I have health issues and the walk is fine for me

Dznygrl79
03-24-2010, 08:50 AM
Not to long at all, and you have some great sites to look at as you pass so it makes it a little faster! The 50's are my fav area, in particular the juke box bldg facing the back, you are close to the pool but quiet because you are not facing it! That is just my opinion!

snowflakegirl
03-24-2010, 01:08 PM
Not to long at all, and you have some great sites to look at as you pass so it makes it a little faster! The 50's are my fav area, in particular the juke box bldg facing the back, you are close to the pool but quiet because you are not facing it! That is just my opinion!

i agree. i stayed in the juke box building on the branch of the building that goes straight back from the jukebox on the 3rd floor facing the lake. it wasn't too long a walk, maybe 5 - 7 minutes to get to everything pop and the bus stops maybe a minute or two more.

joonyer
03-24-2010, 05:47 PM
Less than 5 minutes

eeyorepoohfan
03-26-2010, 07:39 PM
We stayed on the back of the Jukebox on the 2nd floor with partial lake view. Nice and quiet. My hubby and I could walk from our room to the food court or busses in less than 5 minutes easily! Even at the end of our vacation :thumbsup:

LudwigVonDrake
03-30-2010, 07:25 PM
It's not that bad of a walk :walk:

Pop Centurion
03-30-2010, 08:15 PM
I agree. Less than a 5 min walk.