PDA

View Full Version : MCO weird question

AirlineGuy07
03-23-2010, 05:25 PM
My kids 2 and 5 get really hungry around noon-1230pm on the spot and get grouchy if they don't eat around that time. We will be landing in MCO about 12:30pm and was going to stop quick at McDonalds or Chick fil A to go quick before we claim our bags. Now I know we would not have enough time to sit and eat at the restaurant because we need to claim our bags so they won't go around and around at baggage claim. I was wondering if anyone know there are benches or seats around baggage claim for us to sit and eat after we claim our bags. Weird question but it will save us from dragging sandwiches just snacks on board.

EeyoresBestFriend
03-23-2010, 05:55 PM
I can't remember if there are seats by the baggage carousels, but I know there are some one level down at the car rental area ~ nice seats and used to be the odd small tables. They are on the left hand side of the hall while the car rentals are on the right. :mickey:

Good luck! I can relate ~ my DH is in his mid forties and still gets cranky when he gets hungry! :D

Dznygrl79
03-23-2010, 06:02 PM
There aren't and the security is even a bit pushy asking you to get your bags and move on. If you can I would take Disneys Magical Express they get your bags and take them to your resort and then you would have time to sit and eat then catch the bus.

BigRedDad
03-23-2010, 07:20 PM
If there are two of you, one can go get the bags and the other can sit to eat. Then meet at the baggage claim when you are done eating. You can get a luggage cart for $4. I was able to get 7 suitcases, 3 carryons, and backpacks on it with little problem.

Ed
03-23-2010, 09:14 PM
As mentioned above, there are seating areas one level down from bag claim; you arrive on level 3, bag claim is on level 2, and transportation is on level 1.

If you are arriving on Southwest or Jet Blue, there is a McDonald's right in the center of the "airside" building where your gates are located. You should have plenty of time to grab some food there, ride the tram into the main terminal and still get to bag claim about the same time your bags arrive. Similar fast food places are located in all four of the "airside" buildings - see the airport's guide by clicking here (http://www.orlandoairports.net/concessions/shops.htm). Chick-fil-A is located in the food court in the center of level 3.

If you are delayed getting to bag claim quickly, don't worry about your bags getting dizzy :crazy: going around and around. If you don't pick them up in a reasonable length of time, they will be removed from the carousel and held in the airline's baggage service office located near your airline's carousels where they'll be 'babysat' until you arrive.

ILoveLegos
03-24-2010, 12:23 AM
There is definitely a teak styled wooden-slotted back-less bench against the wall facing the Continental Airlines baggage claim on the inside (air-conditioned) and a similarly styled type of bench on that same wall outside the Continental baggage claim area (exposed to the FL heat & humidity). It is on the same level that passengers can be picked up from the airport.

I ususally sit on one of these benches & call my driver (who waits in the free waiting lot just prior to my landing). He picks me up, when I'm skipping Disney's ME & heading home first (which is most of the time as you can see in my signature). To date, I've never actually eaten on either of these benches, due to this efficient system that we've worked out. I usually just wait there less than 10 minutes with my bags my car shows up and I'm on my way. I imagine that no one will really mind very much if you sit there noshing with your child a bit, but note there are no tables in this area.

I also happen to know for sure that if your are a bit tardy getting to the baggage claim a uniformed worker from the airport will pull your bag out of the way for the next incomming plane's luggage. But I've never let a tremendous amount of time pass with my bags waiting with this individual, but occasionally due to some business that I had to take care of upon landing, I have been the last bag claimed. :blush:

Hope this helps! :mickey: