PDA

View Full Version : Just a few questions...

Amy_617
03-23-2010, 05:10 PM
We are thinking about buying into DVC and have been for some time now. We are thinking of resale going through The Timeshare Store. So, we were thinking about starting off small. Buying somewhere between 50-75 points. That would get us about 5 nights in a studio a year....but if we do this, can we add on more points later? and if we can, do those add on points get added to our already 50-75 points, or is it a completely seperate deed? And if we can add on points, can we add those on directly from disney even if we bought resale?

I know that's alot....but just trying to get all the facts! Thanks in advance!

WRWDisney
03-23-2010, 06:13 PM
You can most definitely add on more points later. As to whether or not there would be a new deed (contract is how it is normally referred to) depends on if your new point have the same use year as your original points. If they do, then you will have one master contract with a number of sub contracts (.1, .2, etc.); they do not even have to be at the same home resort. If they do not have the same use year, then you will have more than one master contract. To answer your last question, you can add on through either Disney or re-sale no matter how your initial points are acquired.

Hope this is helpful:thumbsup:

DVC2004
03-24-2010, 08:17 AM
Yes you can always add points later but they will be separate deeds. You want to try to get the same use years if possible because it makes it easier to plan and book out. You can also add on directly from Disney but if you start off with less than what Disney considers a Master Contract (160 points I believe), I remember something about having to buy enough points for a master... but with resale you can add on any amount. With Disney a min add on is 25 points but again there is something different when you own less than 160 points and try to add on...maybe someone will be along with more info on this.