PDA

View Full Version : Busch Gardens

disneymom15
03-23-2010, 09:43 AM
We're planning a trip in Dec. My husbands father & sister are coming along and want to do Busch Gardens. We're planning on renting a car, how long does it take to get there from WDW? She's really into birds, is BG a good choice or is there somewhere else thats better?

TheVBs
03-23-2010, 09:55 AM
We were going to visit Busch Gardens while visiting family last Nov. But, we were shocked by how much ticket prices have gone up! They're now comperable to Disney in pricing. We couldn't justify that for one day, so we ended up going to the Tampa Zoo. It was amazing! There is a bird house there that you can walk into and feed the birds, they're lorikeets. They'll land on you and drink nectar out of these little cups. You can also pet stingrays and feed giraffes. It's the best zoo we've ever been to and an incredible deal for the admission price.

RAIDER
03-23-2010, 03:12 PM
Its around an hour to an hour halves drive tops.

And personally i prefer Busch Gardens to AK . BC have made major improvements over the years and its a park we visit whenever we go to Florida now :thumbsup:

The wildlife is on a par with AK and yes they do have alot of birds possibly more than AK .
:thumbsup:

blondeinbrandon
03-23-2010, 06:23 PM
We live in Temple Terrace a couple miles from Busch Gardens. It takes us 45 minutes to get to Disney. Busch is actually North East of the city of Tampa, right off I-4. Very easy to get to, great signage.
Lowry Park Zoo as mentioned before has a beautiful bird sanctuary, and it's no further really than Busch Gardens.
If your Sister loves birds I suggest the Flights of Wonder show at Animal Kingdom. My sister is friends with the people that put that show on. And their birds are incredible!!! Hope you enjoy Florida!!!!:mickey:

magicalmom
04-05-2010, 02:03 PM
There's also a tiny animal park called Jungle Gardens in Sarasota, just south of Tampa. They have several interesting bird shows, and you're up really close, because the theaters only hold a few dozen people. You can also hold an alligator, feed birds, and walk jungle trails. (No rides) It's good for a half-day, tops, but my girls enjoyed it, even at the jaded ages of 11 and 14. Although it's old fashioned and not flashy or polished, it's a happy place for a bird lover.