PDA

View Full Version : T-Rex Scary?

Disney Doll
03-23-2010, 09:23 AM
My 2 yr old loves dinosaurs and I am thinking about T-Rex for our next trip. Seems like a cool atmosphere, but would you consider it scary?

DVC2004
03-23-2010, 09:59 AM
Have you taken your little one to Rainforest? It's alot like that. The dinos are large and every so often make noise- my boys are older but we have eaten there 2 times an d I haven't seen any little ones upset. It's very cool. I think as long as you preface that they are just pretend it should be OK...

IrishMickey
03-23-2010, 10:10 AM
So glad you asked, I was wondering the same thing!

WishingStar2006
03-23-2010, 10:16 AM
It's really quite fun but can get VERY NOISY AND LOUD during the meteor shower and if loud noises are a problem you can ask to be seated in the Ice Age room where it's not quite as noisy.

barbiegirl314
03-23-2010, 12:01 PM
We dined there last May and my DS was 3 yo at the time. He liked looking at the dinosaurs but the noises in there scared him. It can get very loud at times and he spent the whole time sitting there with his hands covering his ears and didn't eat any of his meal.

hlkeck
03-23-2010, 07:14 PM
I saw some young kids get scared when the dinos moved and roared while the kids were close and not expecting it.

We loved it but had a 5 y/o and 7 y/o.

ToashaF
03-23-2010, 08:13 PM
I agree, it could scare younger ones when they dinos roar, but the ice age room is not as noisy....I would not make a special trip just to eat there unless you really like the Rainforest Cafe. It is super loud!

LudwigVonDrake
03-24-2010, 05:57 AM
I don't think it's that scary. If you think your child may be scared request a table in the Ice Room. Also order the nachos :tasty:

Granny Jill A
03-24-2010, 01:35 PM
The T-Rex near us in Kansas City, Kansas has a large dino right as you go in the restaurant. Scares the hoo-ha out of some little kids.

It is LOUD, so you might ask for one of the quieter rooms if you want to have a conversation.

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-24-2010, 02:29 PM
Just echoing everyone elses comments... More loud than anything.

If you do decide to go here, you may want to watch youtube videos of the restaruant with your child so that he knows what to expect and you may find him looking for the dinos to move.

youtube videos have helped us tremendously to get our 5 and 2 year old prepared for all things WDW... rides, character interactions, restaurants, resorts, etc.

AXOAlum
03-24-2010, 08:27 PM
The scariest thing for us were the prices! :secret: We went for DD's 1 year trip last March - she didn't seem to mind anything, and she is normally timid.

goofygirl67
03-24-2010, 09:15 PM
I didn't like the ice room. The changes in colors gave me a headache worse then the meteor strike. This is my favorite restaurant at DTD. There are cute baby dino's the kids may like.

buzznwoodysmom
03-25-2010, 01:41 PM
I didn't like the ice room. The changes in colors gave me a headache worse then the meteor strike. This is my favorite restaurant at DTD. There are cute baby dino's the kids may like.

We didn't like being in the ice room either. Between the changing of colors and all the noise, this place seems 10 times louder than Rainforst Cafe, I had such a headache when we left. We've eaten here twice and I told my kids to really enjoy it the last time because it will likely be a good long time before we go back. Its just too noisy and hectic for us.