PDA

View Full Version : Transportation MCO/WDW/DCL

JCDarzi
03-23-2010, 12:11 AM
Hi All,
I don't know why but after months of planning, I still am at a loss for the best way to handle hotels and transportation for our May 30 DCL 5 day cruise.

Originally, I thought we would arrive 1 day early, stay at the MCO Hyatt, use Disney transportation and arrive at Port Canaveral. If we spent a day at Disney, we planned to tack it on at the end of the trip.

After looking at frequent flier miles and dates, it is better for us to fly in on the 28th. Our day at Disney would be at the beginning. Looking at resorts, we noticed that Swan and Dolphin had some excellent rates ($169). If we come in on the 28th rather than the 29th, it actually pays for the two nights at the hotel.

I know that the Swan is not on the DME route. I do not know if the Disney Cruise Line transport picks up at the Swan. Does anyone know?

If we proceed with these dates and hotel, what would be the best and preferably cheapest transportation for the following?

MCO to Swan
Swan to Port Canaveral
<cruise>
Port Canaveral to MCO

Thanks so much...btw we are a family of 4.

TammiMcMan
03-23-2010, 07:24 PM
Swan/Dolphin is not part of DME and I think the closest DCL pick up is at the BC around 11am. You have a few options, but you'd probably need to do some research to see which one is the cheapest.

Option #1 DCL transfers + towncar from MCO to Swan/Dolphin

I'd suggest looking at the rates for one of our sponsors www.quicksilver-tours.com . A private towncar to the Swan/Dolphin is about $70 instead of the $30/per person most van companies charge. They also have a land/sea transportation package for $305 total (MCO to resort to Port Canaveral to MCO). We like using towncar services because we can set our own pick up times and many include a grocery stop. I believe a DCL rountrip transfer would cost around $280 for 4, so for only $25 more, you're getting a ride from the airport to the Swan/Dolphin.

Option #2 one-way car rental MCO to Port Canaveral + one-way DCL transfer to MCO

The car rental is pretty good, because you can leave the resort when you want and even make a grocery stop if necessary. You can drop your passengars and luggage off at the terminal, drive to the car rental location and then take the shuttle back to the terminal. Only slightly inconvenient, if you can find a good rental deal.

JCDarzi
03-23-2010, 08:43 PM
Thanks so much for your help.

I think going with the private car makes the most sense now. I'll try quicksilver and make reservations.