PDA

View Full Version : Hopper Ticket and Disney Quest

Going2HeavenRU
03-22-2010, 08:33 PM
If I add the "park hopper" to my Magic Your Way + Disney Quest and Water Park ticket, does that mean I can go to Disney Quest as many times as I want during my length of stay?

joonyer
03-22-2010, 10:29 PM
the park hopper option has nothing to do with Didney Quest, It is not considered a theme park. so it won;t get you into DQ at all. The water park and more option, which you seem to have already purchased, gives you a specific number of uses for the water park, DQ, etc, depending on the number of days admission contained on you base MYW tickets. You are limited to that total number of admissions to the WPs, DQ etc, combined, and the total uses of the WP & more admission options is not increased by getting the hopper option on your base tickets. Hope that answers your question.

cajundisneyfreak
03-22-2010, 11:40 PM
In the past when we got the park hopper plus water parks and more option we went to Disneyquest during our length of stay.There's no limit.That's why you pay more for that ticket.My son's went just about every night.You can always ask before purchasing your tickets just to make sure.:mickey:

BigRedDad
03-23-2010, 08:50 AM
I just read the MYW + Water Park and More Options. It used to be a different type of ticket combination. You could only do X number of options for Disney Quest and the water parks. Now, it looks like there is unlimited admission to the water parks and DQ.

PopPhan
03-23-2010, 08:56 AM
In the past when we got the park hopper plus water parks and more option we went to Disneyquest during our length of stay.There's no limit.That's why you pay more for that ticket.My son's went just about every night.You can always ask before purchasing your tickets just to make sure.:mickey:

That is incorrect. With the Water Park Fun & More option, you are limited to a number of ENTRIES -- NOT DAYS -- to either of the water parks, DisneyQuest and/or Oak Trail golf. The number of ENTRIES matches the number of DAYS of your MYW ticket. So, if you have a 7 day MYW ticket and add the Water Park Fun & More option, you get 7 ENTRIES into the aforementioned gates - BB/TL/DQ/OT.

The Park Hopper option ONLY gets you into the 4 main parks, albeit unlimited entrances throughout the length of the MYW ticket.

Going2HeavenRU
03-23-2010, 12:01 PM
I'm glad I asked! Thanks for all of the very helpful information

faline
03-23-2010, 12:17 PM
For an explanation of tickets and ticket options, check here (http://intercot.com/themeparks/tickets/passes/magicyourway.asp).

Familyof6
03-23-2010, 03:56 PM
Can you please clarify on this example?

If I purchase a 7 day ticket and add the Water Park Option (only), do I have to go to the Water Parks on the same 7 days as the Theme Parks? Or can this ticket be used for up to a total of 14 days if I alternates days between Theme Park and Water Park?

Thanks,
Mark

joelkfla
03-23-2010, 06:36 PM
The water park & DQ admissions are completely separate from the theme park admissions, and can be used on days you do or don't enter a theme park. You can also use more than one on the same day (e.g. water park & DQ), but then you have that many less remaining.

I think the confusion above is caused by the fact that the WP + more option used to include about half as many admissions as the number of hopper days, whereas now the numbers are the same. So it may feel like it's unlimited, but it's not.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-23-2010, 08:54 PM
Can you please clarify on this example?

If I purchase a 7 day ticket and add the Water Park Option (only), do I have to go to the Water Parks on the same 7 days as the Theme Parks? Or can this ticket be used for up to a total of 14 days if I alternates days between Theme Park and Water Park?

Thanks,
Mark

You can spend 7 days in the Theme Parks (MK, EP, DHS, AK). You also have 7 "entries" into Disney Quest and the Water Parks. You can use them on different days than the ones you go to the Theme Parks, or use them on the same days, it is all up to you.

All entries must be used within 14 days, unless you purchase the non-expiry option, but you don't need to go to a Theme Park and a Water Park/DQ on the same day.

Familyof6
03-25-2010, 01:14 PM
Thank you for the detailed feedback - very useful information I didn't know about before.

One follow-up question: If I don't add the Park Hopper option, but I go to 2 different Theme Parks on one day, would I use up 2 of my Theme Park days? Or is this not allowed?

We tend to get the Hopper option, but don't use it frequently. It may be cheaper to add 1 or 2 days to the ticket instead.

Tygger7
03-25-2010, 01:39 PM
One follow-up question: If I don't add the Park Hopper option, but I go to 2 different Theme Parks on one day, would I use up 2 of my Theme Park days? Or is this not allowed?

We tend to get the Hopper option, but don't use it frequently. It may be cheaper to add 1 or 2 days to the ticket instead.

If I'm remembering correctly, it's not allowed...you can only use one park admission per day without the park hopper option.

renecat
03-25-2010, 02:15 PM
Thank you for the detailed feedback - very useful information I didn't know about before.

If I remember correctly it is only $52.00 to add the parkhopper option to your ticket. It sounds like you are thinking if you add two days to your base ticket you could go to two different parks in one day. I don't believe thats how it works. Base tickets are 1 park 1 day. Maybe I'm not understanding what your asking.

joonyer
03-25-2010, 02:17 PM
If I'm remembering correctly, it's not allowed...you can only use one park admission per day without the park hopper option.

Yes you are correct. without the hopper option you cannot enter more than one park on a particular day. Not even if you tried to use another day's admission from your multi-day pass.
Otherwise, you could just add additional days onto your MYW for as little as $3.00 each, and get around the lack of a park-hopper that way. Disney won't let you do that.

It's buy a hopper option ($52.00 I think)
or you are limited to one park per day. However, you can re-enter that one park multiple times on the same day without using but one day's "admission"