PDA

View Full Version : Gatorland -for young children?

minnie-mouse
03-22-2010, 12:54 PM
We are looking for somewhere non-Disney in Orlando area to spend half a day. Would Gatorland be appropriate for 4 and 6 yr old girls? What do they have there exactly?

Julie_Mouse
03-22-2010, 02:18 PM
I was there about 10 years ago, so take this with a grain of salt :secret:

It was educational - from what I remember, the place is a boardwalk through various small bodies of water with different species of gators in them.

There is a place where you can pose with your head in a (fake) gator's mouth, a restaurant where you can gator nuggets (surprisingly good!), and an area where you can hold different sized gators.

A half day is perfect; we did this place in an afternoon. However, depending on your girls' attention spans, this may take more/less time. For the most part, it is not very interactive - it's more 'museum-like', with plaques where you read about the different species, etc. If your kids breeze through it, it may take less time than you anticipated ;)

minnie-mouse
03-22-2010, 06:42 PM
Thanks. From what I can see on their website, it must have been updated since you were last there. It says it has a playground, splashpark, petting zoo, etc.

joonyer
03-22-2010, 11:06 PM
We are looking for somewhere non-Disney in Orlando area to spend half a day. Would Gatorland be appropriate for 4 and 6 yr old girls? What do they have there exactly?

REPTILES. BIG ONES! :eek: The name of the place says it all.
Do your girls like lizards and snakes? If so, they will love the place.

MNNHFLTX
03-23-2010, 08:59 AM
It's a fun half-day excursion. It's been some years since we were there too, but they had shows featuring the gators (gators leaping to grab raw meat, for example).