PDA

View Full Version : Report/Week of March 15th

tnpoohbear
03-22-2010, 12:27 PM
We just got back on Saturday night from 5 nights at POFQ. We had a wonderful trip, but the weather was cold! I had only taken a zip up sweat jacket and I froze most of the time. It was not until Friday that it started to get warm. We loved the FQ! I had read so much about it and it does live up to its reputation. It is a small resort with lots of southern charm. The food court was great and the Beignets were awesome. I had to get some for DD to eat on the drive back home to TN. Crowds were big the entire time. Never got to go on Soarin or Toy Story Mania. FP were all gone! Loved the Flower & Garden displays at Epcot. We also ate for the first time at La Cellier and the food was delicious from the pretzel bread sticks to the cheddar cheese soup - I also had the best burger I had ever eaten there. Our server said that was new to their menu just the day before. Also ate a Nine Dragons, which I loved except for the ginger ice cream - Yuck! Went to MK on two days, Pirate ride was broken when we left the park on Friday. Did see the Pirate tutorial, that Jack was cute! At DTD ate for the first time at Earl of Sandwich - will definitely go there again it was great.

Wonderful trip, had lots of fund only wished we could have stayed longer. I would definitely stay at FQ again. Hopefully we will get to go back for a couple of days in November so we can see it all decorated for Christmas. We had only seen it at Halloween time.

Disney is a magical place!:mickey:

faline
03-22-2010, 01:06 PM
Clearly, you had a great trip! Glad you enjoyed Port Orleans French Quarter. We had our first stay there last year and really enjoyed the location!

KylesMom
03-23-2010, 09:38 AM
Unfortunate that the weather seemed a bit chilly, but I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at Disney. I love to hear it whenever someone comes back & posts that the magic was there for them! Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

vizsla
03-28-2010, 06:45 AM
Glad to hear you had a great time.

mouseketeer mom
03-28-2010, 08:54 AM
Sounds like a wonderful time!

pdrlkr
04-04-2010, 08:49 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

mouse2508
04-04-2010, 09:29 PM
We love POFQ and Earl of Sandwich as well, glad to hear you had a great trip (other than chilly weather)