PDA

View Full Version : Planning a Non-Park Trip

tinkgirl07
03-22-2010, 11:03 AM
Hi Everyone! I just booked a trip for May 12-15! I'm so excited and thought I'd turn to Intercot once again for some suggestions. The trip we are planning may be a little odd, but it works for our family. Here's who's going: Me (25), Mom (50th B-day!!), Dad and Sister (11 w/Downs). We are looking for a fun getaway but won't be purchasing any park tickets (we have a couple of one-day passes left that I will be using to head off by myself).

My question to you all is: What should we plan to do/where to eat without having park tickets? We are staying consierge at the Beach Club and will be getting the Dining Plan (one QS and one TS per day). We think we are going to get Cirque tickets, and my sister will get an appt. at the BBB in DTD. Any other suggestions?? We will be making our ADR's and other Ressies tonight! Thanks for all your help in advance! 50 Days and Counting :mickey:

faline
03-22-2010, 11:51 AM
Hoop de Doo might be fun. You can rent boats or bikes; hang out at the resort pool; explore Boardwalk.

There are lots of choices for dining. If you want a character meal, you could do O'Hana's for breakfast or Cape May Cafe. There's also 1900 Park Faire for dinner.

For non-character dining, there's Kona Cafe; Citrico's; Narcoosee's; Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge; Boma; Jiko; and California Grill to name a few.

For more casual drop-in dining, there's the ESPN club and other eateries in the Boardwalk area.

clausjo
03-22-2010, 12:31 PM
We're actually trying to do the same thing in August, but we're planning on spending some time at the water parks. We'll be at the Wilderness Lodge. We did plan on doing some resort hopping and planned diner at 3 different places to be able to explore some other resorts. We've planned Boma, 1900 Park Fare (to get some characters in for my dd-7) and Kouzzina. I'm hoping that we'll have a more relaxing trip and we'll be able to spend some nice family time together.

disneyers
03-22-2010, 09:08 PM
Unless you purchase at least a one day park ticket for each person in your party, you won't be able to use the Disney Dining Plan.

You must purchase the "package" (room, tickets and dining) to get the Dining Plan. If one person in your party is on the Dining Plan, everyone else has to be on the Dining Plan too.

The good news is, if you do not want to use the tickets on this trip, I believe you can save them to use on a later trip! :mickey: (Maybe this is how you have the other 1 day passes?)

Our favorite "free" thing to do on property is the Chip & Dale Campfire Singalong. If we have a non park day, it is on our to do list! Hope you have a great trip!

tinkgirl07
03-23-2010, 12:55 PM
Thanks everyone for the suggestions! We ended up getting a one day base ticket + DDP for a pretty good rate through AAA. And last night stayed on the phone for over an hour with an amazing CM Cliff to help us with all of our planning. We got tickets to Cirque, are going to see Hoop-Dee-Doo (we are staying 5 nights so we got 5 TS credits, but aren't getting there until 11p on Tuesday so we could double up on a 2 credit TS without having to miss a meal!), 1900 Park Fare, BBB (before 1900 PF), and Wolfgang Puck's (for before cirque). We just have one day for dinner left and it seems like lots of places are booked (as to be expected trying to make ressies >50 days before the trip!). We are also going to do Fantasia Gardens and make some spa appointments! Can you tell I'm excited?? :cloud9:

bruin1344
03-23-2010, 01:15 PM
Since you are staying at the BC, you should try Cape May for dinner

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-23-2010, 02:32 PM
tinkgirl07 - I'm in Troy too!!!

It IS a small world after all!

Troy is only so big... we're probably sitting next to each other at work.. :D

I've always dreamed of doing a resort only trip. We just can't seem to stay away from the parks!! :thumbsup:

There's tons to do outside of the parks. My list of "one day we'll do these things" is so long to prove it.

I haven't heard anyone mention any of the "free" things to do at Fort Wilderness. Smores with Chip and Dale, evening movies, etc.