PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness Lodge Resort Only Stay?

clausjo
03-22-2010, 10:39 AM
Hi everyone. We've just booked a 4 day stay at the Wilderness Lodge for August. Since my husband doesn't like the idea of a Disney vacation in August with the extreme heat and even more extreme crowds, the only way he would agree to go is if we tried (emphasis on try :blush:) to do a resort only type of vacation. He has consented to go to the water parks, something we've never done before. I actually think this will be a nice change for us. Me and the kids have annual passes and are at the parks fairly often since we live only about 3 hours away. Hubby's not so much of a Disney fan, but we've been working on him and he seems to be more accepting of it now :party:! Anyway, do you think there's enough to do at the Wilderness Lodge to keep us entertained? Like I said, we'll go to the waterparks and we've got plans to visit other resorts for dinner to get us out and about. Any ideas are very much welcome. Oh - I should add that we've never stayed at the Wilderness Lodge before (or any deluxe) so the resort alone will be a new experience for us all.

Thanks guys!

SBETigg
03-22-2010, 11:24 AM
I think you'll find plenty to do and you'll love it. The four days will go by fast, even without park time. Mid to end of August crowds, especially weekdays, are really light, though, in case you change your mind about parks. There's the pool, and water activities (water sprites/boat rentals), and other resorts to shop around. Water parks are always fun, especially in August heat. Enjoy!

VWL Mom
03-22-2010, 11:37 AM
WL has bike rentals (if that's up DH's alley). My DH and DS like to go over to FW for some early morning fishing. The beach is a great place to sit and read a book or enjoy a glass of wine in the evening. If he enjoys solitude, the lobby and porch of the villas has some great rockers to enjoy. Lots of great scenery for the avid photog, too.

jillluvsdisney
03-22-2010, 11:49 AM
I think WL is the ONLY place I could stay and not need to go any of the parks. It's so beautiful inside and out. I think it just lends itself to relaxation. Ride bikes, rent water mice, sit on the beach with a book, lounge at the pool and just soak in the atmosphere. I'm jealous just thinking about it.

mook3y
03-22-2010, 01:53 PM
Your DH and kids might also enjoy the air conditioned fun at DisneyQuest ;)

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-22-2010, 02:16 PM
since you are close to FW, you could go there for the Hoop De Doo Revue. Take the boat over! FW has alot of activities like making Smores with Chip and Dale, the evening movie.

You can still hop to a monorail resort and take the monorail around... mid-day the monorail is just about empty! You have plenty to do at Downtown Disney. Maybe walk the Boardwalk at night for illumination from afar. Same can be done at Poly - watch the fireworks from the beach. Take the boat from an Epcot resort to MGM just to "pass by" and eat at Rainforest Cafe at AK.

You'd technically NOT be at the parks, but, it may appease the Disney beast within!

:D