PDA

View Full Version : Where to call to file a complaint

cardnl1b
03-22-2010, 12:16 AM
We've been here since 9am Sunday morning, and I'm ready to check out and go back to the previous hotel at downtown Disney (non Disney owned). I've dealt with 3 employees at POFQ that have been rude and basically uninterested in helping in our check in process from the guy in charge of the bell hops to front desk check in guy to his supervisor. Who had to cancel our reservation and rebook it because they couldn't find our $500 gift card.

Does anyone know of a phone number or place I could go to on property to complain? I even heard 2 other situations within 10 mins of each other this morning where one guy said the customer service was horrible in his stay and another where the hotel lost his luggage and was giving him a hard time about replacing his bag.

Wishmaker
03-22-2010, 07:10 AM
I am so sorry to hear that they were not sympathetic to your situtation. I don't know where to suggest you call however, I did want to suggest something to anyone who reads this regarding the gift card.

I booked our trip months ago, upon my booking they sent me a receipt via email and reg mail. Well, on this receipt it did not include anything about the gift card promo. Me being a little detailed (we'll call it that) I was a little unsure. So I gave Disney Travel a call. Come to find out, they did not include the promo code. Therefore, had I not called DD and I would have shown up in May out of luck.

The good part of this is that you were there while the promo is still going on. DD and I would not have been able to recieve this had we not caught it in time.

Also on our first trip together we had added the DDP and paid for of course. When we arrived it was not included in our package. Us being newbeess did not know what to do and I did panic. The staff at ASMovies was very nice. Although it took FOREVER to correct and get us on our way. They were very pleasent.

Again I am sorry for the rudeness from the staff, totally uncalled for. I don't know where to suggest you complain. :(

DisneyFr33k
03-22-2010, 08:13 AM
I had a complaint after returning from a trip and called their main line. They told me to e-mail them at [email protected].

I did and someone called me back to address my issue.

But since you are there, I would call WDW guest relations: 407 824-4321. Maybe they can direct your call to get resolution.

Strmchsr
03-22-2010, 08:18 AM
You can call 407-824-4321 which is the Guest Relations number. Don't expect to hear anything back immediately, but you almost always will get a call back within a few weeks.

If you want more immediate results then I suggest you go down to the front desk and ask for one of the managers. Not sure what they would do other than listen to your complaint, but that would at least let you voice it to someone in person at the resort.

mrmcgiv
03-22-2010, 08:48 AM
Sorry, when we checked in to CSR in 12/2209 we had a similar experience. The room was dirty, it was an adjoining room we did not request, our stroller was MIA and the customer svc was not helpful. It took 2 days to move us which was a hassle and it put a dmaper on the trip.

I suggest you call the customer relations # and try to get it resolved to your satisfaction ASAP! I waited until I got home and I think if I got some kind of resolution while there I would have felt better about it all!

Sorry and hope your trip improves!!

dnickels
03-22-2010, 08:54 AM
Speak to one of the managers on site and see if they can rectify the situation.

If you're going to send an email I'd wait until you get home first. It's easy to send something over email when you're a little hot under the collar that will come across as something you wouldn't say in real life after having time to sit back and listen to the situation. Disney customer service people are human like anyone else so they're most likely going to want to help someone with a calmly written complaint more than they will an exclamation filled 'our trip was ruined because the check-in took 10 extra minutes' type of tirade that I'm sure they receive.

(Not saying you'd send something like that, but I think an email complaint is best sent a few days after you get home)

megustamex
03-22-2010, 10:42 AM
You can call the front desk and ask to speak to the manager on duty. Tell whoever answers the phone that you have had some bad experiences and you only want to talk to the manager. They should call you back within a few hours. This happened to me with housekeeping when I was at ASMu the last trip and the manager called me back within an hour. He also took $50 off the price of the room. Don't wait until you go home; fix it now so you can get on with your trip and have fun!

Daisy712
03-22-2010, 06:30 PM
I received my papers last week for our summer trip. We booked two rooms at CBR and planned to get two $500 gift cards. One of my reservations had the gift card, the other didn't. I am glad I noticed that. I usually just file the papers and pull them out when we are ready to go. I called Disney and lo and behold the gift card was not on the one reservation. I was able to change that. Thank goodness.:secret:

PetefromRI
03-22-2010, 07:23 PM
I just checked my paperwork for our May trip to POFQ and it didn't mention the GC anywhere.I just sent an e-mail to Denise at MJ to please check it out for us.I'll let you know how we made out.

mrmcgiv
03-22-2010, 08:13 PM
Oh MY! That should say 12/2008, 2209, jeez!

Sorry, when we checked in to CSR in 12/2209 we had a similar experience. The room was dirty, it was an adjoining room we did not request, our stroller was MIA and the customer svc was not helpful. It took 2 days to move us which was a hassle and it put a dmaper on the trip.

I suggest you call the customer relations # and try to get it resolved to your satisfaction ASAP! I waited until I got home and I think if I got some kind of resolution while there I would have felt better about it all!

Sorry and hope your trip improves!!

Niecyboo
03-22-2010, 08:29 PM
The gift cards don't show up on the online confirmations, but don't worry, Magical Journeys checks each reservation when we get our faxed confirmation. If you booked directly through Disney, it never hurts to make sure it is on some form of confirmation, just in case.

Pete, I've scanned the fax copy and am sending it on to you right now. I know it always feels better to see it for yourself.

Darbylew
03-22-2010, 11:54 PM
I was sorry to hear that you had such terrible
service at POFQ. We stay there every time we
go to WDW and love it. We have never had any
bad service there. I hope you can get your
complaint settled without any problems. I think
WDW does a great job on trying to make things
right for everyone. :mickey: º0º º0º

ljgirl
03-23-2010, 10:56 AM
We just returned from a week at POFQ and had a wonderful experience. I hope you get your problems resolved.

FriendsofMickey
03-23-2010, 12:52 PM
Sorry about your bad experience! We have stayed at POFQ and have nothing but good to say about it each time. I hope it gets better for you.

That said, I would get it resolved now. If you do not, it will plague you your whole trip. Also, why sit there and be misserable.

We had an extremely dissapointing breakfast at the Norway Princess dining. I was so unhappy. Someone told me to call when I got home. So, I waited and called when I got home. When I did, they told me (as nicely as they could), that I should have said something while at the restaraunt. That, there was nothing they could do about it now.

I was upset, but what could I do?

So, learn from my mistake, if you want it taken care of. You need to speak up now. Disney is usually great about doing everything in their power to make your trip good.

FriendsofMickey
03-23-2010, 12:54 PM
Also wanted to state that for the Gift Card (for those not there yet). I was just told that if the reservation has TNN in it. Then, you are signed up for the gift card.

Hope that helps.

Ian
03-23-2010, 03:51 PM
Your best bet is to track down the resort General Manager and complain directly to him/her. Writing or calling while you're still on property won't get the results you want/deserve.

Keep pushing and insisting to speak to the GM. Don't settle for anyone less, because they will definitely try and steer you away. Based on what I found it seems like her name is Val Bunting. That was as of July 2009, though, so can't confirm 100%.

PetefromRI
03-23-2010, 06:49 PM
Thanks so much Denise.Well folks,this is why we use MJ.

Genie1953
03-23-2010, 11:43 PM
Thanks so much Denise.Well folks,this is why we use MJ.

Me too! Denise and Magical Journeys are super!!

mama2angels
03-28-2010, 01:29 PM
Also wanted to state that for the Gift Card (for those not there yet). I was just told that if the reservation has TNN in it. Then, you are signed up for the gift card.

Hope that helps.

Are you referring to the reservation #? If so that does not appear in mine...however under the details it clearly states 500 gc so hopefully no problems in May. Personally I would ike to hear some positive reports about the gift cards, seems like all I am hearing is negative.

javamama
03-28-2010, 05:32 PM
Our room was filthy last year at the Poly, our brand socks were brown and grimey to the point were I threw them away. I called the Concierge manager at the Poly a few times, our fridge had mold under it and stunk when you walking in the main room, I seriously took about 30 pics of the issues. She took 1k off our bill, before we checked out. Then after I spoke w/our bell hop on the way out the door he told me how bad it's gotten there. Cheap labor these days are where the issue lies. He was there over 30 years, said the Disney Family still stays in the Tonga building when they come down at the Poly, but it's very rare(if I remember correctly). He was pretty disappointed in the changes.
Go to the top, the General Manager of the Resort!

jane52
03-30-2010, 05:27 PM
We had issues at POFQ too from our trip in September. We wrote a letter and stated our problems and tried to be as concise as possible. Today I received a call from Walt Disney World from a very nice girl named Stacy who apologized and gave us credit for 15% off the two rooms we reserved. They are sending us a check for $300 and some dollars. We just sent the letter out last Saturday and received a very prompt reply. It is worth a try if you can't get any satisfaction from the resort. We sure didn't!