PDA

View Full Version : adding a person to your room

waymickey
03-21-2010, 04:03 PM
Does anyone know if you can add a person to your room at disney after the vacation was booked? I have an unexpected person who would like to travel with us.

faline
03-21-2010, 04:09 PM
As long as you are within room occupancy limits, it shouldn't be a problem. If you are booked with a package, the person you add will need to have the same pacakge as you do such as same dining plan and tickets.

waymickey
03-21-2010, 04:20 PM
We don't have the dining plan but she would buy the same ticket package. Is there a charge for adding the person. There would be 4 people total in the room
3 adults one child

forever a child
03-21-2010, 04:30 PM
We don't have the dining plan but she would buy the same ticket package. Is there a charge for adding the person. There would be 4 people total in the room
3 adults one child

I believe there would be an extra charge for the 3rd adult, someone else may come along who can give specific charge amount or correct me if I am wrong here.

If you have a Room only Ressie then the extra person can purchase whatever kind of ticket they would like. If you have a MYW package then they have to have the SAME exact ticket type that the rest of your family has. The MYW package could possible have an additional fee if it is close to your arrival time (not sure of days deadline for that). They may not charge the fee since it is an upgrade for them but I think the agreement for the package is that they have that right to charge the additional fee...again, someone correct me here if I am wrong.

You'll want to make sure they are added to the room and the ME list for pickup at the airport if you are flying.

faline
03-21-2010, 04:37 PM
Yes. There is an extra per night charge for a 3rd adult sharing the same room. Where are you staying?

waymickey
03-21-2010, 07:05 PM
we are staying at WL in August. My sister wants to come now. We made our resverations back in Feb. We have MYW package.

faline
03-21-2010, 07:27 PM
Very nice resort. Like I said, if you're on a package, your sister will need to have the same dining and ticket options you have. Additionally, it looks like there'll be an additional $25 per night charge for the extra adult in the room.

ransam
03-21-2010, 07:53 PM
the last 2 years, we've added a person at the last minute...and yes there is an extra charge, but if you're dividing it by people, it will actually make each individual charge cheaper...for instance...(just using numbers). but if you had 2 people and you were paying 200 dollars...you're paying 100 each. but to add a 3rd person the total would be 270 dollars....so the price per person is now 90 dollars a person...

does that make sense?

TammiMcMan
03-22-2010, 12:16 PM
Just want to clarify about adding someone on. The requirement to be on the same package depends on when you are adding the extra person. If you put them on your reservation prior to arrival, then everyone needs to be on the same exact plan. If you wait until check-in, then that person can be added as a "room only" reservation and you would only be charged the $25/night fee for the 3rd adult in your room.

It may make sense for you all to have the same package, but just in case she won't be there for the same length of time, or if she doesn't require the same amount of park tickets, you do do have a choice.