PDA

View Full Version : Accomodation # limit

Mickie the Pooh
03-21-2010, 01:07 PM
I know the various resorts have limits of four or five in most rooms.

Is there any wiggle room there we will have six with one under 3 Would they let us do a Five room? without having to book two rooms?

Tinkerfreak
03-21-2010, 01:51 PM
I think you can have an extra person in the room as long as they are a child under 3. I think this would be very crowded though. I would go for 2 value rooms instead of cramming everyone into a deluxe that fits 5 plus the child. That way you have 2 bathrooms and four beds. You could also book a cabin at fort wilderness.

pixiesmimi
03-21-2010, 02:47 PM
We tried to do that at the Poly because we had two rooms booked and 11 people. One was a very small 3 year old and could share the pullout couch with another child but they said we couldn't have 6 in a room no matter what. I guess fire code but I don't understand if there is plenty of room for the child to sleep why one that small or a baby can't be included. They said if we brought him anyway that he wouldn't have tickets which would be included with the room even though we were going to leave him off the dining plan. I guess we could buy him a separate ticket but I didn't want to break any rules.

faline
03-21-2010, 02:54 PM
Disney is very strict with room occupancy limits. There is no wiggle room. You would need to book two rooms or look at accommodations that can handle a party your size.

Mickie the Pooh
03-21-2010, 03:27 PM
So I called Disney and was told that yes I could book Six in a room at the Poly or the Beach club, the two I was interested in, if one was under 3.

this would be a standard room with two queens a day bed and a port a crib.

faline
03-21-2010, 04:13 PM
Glad it will work out for you!

MNNHFLTX
03-21-2010, 04:14 PM
I'm glad you got your official answer. As long as the sixth person is under 3 years old and you are booking a room where five are allowed, you shouldn't have a problem. However, depending on how old the other members of your party are, you could end up paying extra for more than two adults.

pixiesmimi
03-22-2010, 10:22 AM
So I called Disney and was told that yes I could book Six in a room at the Poly or the Beach club, the two I was interested in, if one was under 3.

this would be a standard room with two queens a day bed and a port a crib.

That's good. I guess the magic word is "under" 3. I asked them specifically in August that same question and they said no. Glad it worked out for you.:thumbsup:

buzznwoodysmom
03-22-2010, 10:33 AM
That's good. I guess the magic word is "under" 3. I asked them specifically in August that same question and they said no. Glad it worked out for you.:thumbsup:

Yes, a child under 3 is not counted towards your room occupancy. And a child under 3 does not need a park ticket and is not eligible to be on the dining plan. Once the child turns 3 you must count them on both the room occupancy as well as on the dining plan and they need park passes.

Polynesian Dweller
03-22-2010, 11:13 AM
I guess fire code but I don't understand if there is plenty of room for the child to sleep why one that small or a baby can't be included.
It is about fire codes. The fire code is about how many people can be evacuated in a specified period of time. Each region/municipality has it's own specifications. In the region where my hotel is it's based on evacuating the entire building in 90 seconds. You can only move so many people through the exits in that specified time, so that determines the maximum number of occupants.

So it's not about the number that can fit to sleep it's about the total number that can be evacuated if needed. Hope that helps people understand the limits and glad it worked out for the OP.

TammiMcMan
03-22-2010, 12:05 PM
That's good. I guess the magic word is "under" 3. I asked them specifically in August that same question and they said no. Glad it worked out for you.:thumbsup:Yes, "under" 3 is the cut off. Sounds like your situation was a little different as you stated your child was already 3. Once they turn 3 years old, they are counted towards the occupancy limit (irregardless of how small they are ;) ).