PDA

View Full Version : May 14-23

AXOAlum
03-20-2010, 05:10 PM
We are thinking of going sometime during this time frame. I can't do earlier in May due to work conflict. I don't want to be there after the 23rd due to Memorial Day the next week.

Any thoughts on a visit during this time? I have never been in May (in all my billion visits - weird) - we are usually September guests. Unfortunately I have an addiction and I just cannot take the idea of waiting another 6 months... :mickey: Thanks for any info!

Strmchsr
03-20-2010, 05:23 PM
Well, if you're going to book for this May, better do so quickly since the spring special expires March 27.

Weather will be pretty similar to September during that time, but crowds will be a good bit heavier. ADRs may be a little easier, though you're well under the 180 day window so the more popular ones will be pretty much impossible to get. However, unlike with the "free" dining promotion of the last few years the less popular places shouldn't be packed.

faline
03-20-2010, 06:40 PM
Mid May is one of our favorite times to visit. It is quite warm and humid though is generally dryer than September - some of our May trips have seen no rain at all. Crowds are generally low to moderate so the parks are usually pretty relaxed with no waits to short waits. As noted, it might be difficult to get dining reservations in the more popular spots but, with flexibility, you should be able to eat at some nice establisments! Happy planning!

AXOAlum
03-21-2010, 08:45 AM
Thanks, everyone - I am not concerned about ADR's so much. We go enough that we get to eat at our favorites so that' s not a concern really. I should have mentioned that :blush: I am more concerned about crowds since I was so disappointed with the heavy number of people on our trip last March. We are thinking of doing the quick service dining plan - that will save us some time and money. If we want to do a character meal for the kids, we'll just pay with our rewards points. I'm talking with Deb right now about getting it booked - I'm excited!

bruin1344
03-21-2010, 11:42 AM
went similar time frame in 2005, great time to go, crowds are very low, especially early in the week, we got all the major attraction in Epcot and MK done multiple times in the first day we were there

i think you'll like mid-May better than Sep because they weather is not as humid and not much rain