PDA

View Full Version : Magical Journey's and Disney Reward Points

Goofy4TheWorld
03-20-2010, 01:18 PM
Can MJ apply a payment to a reservation using Disney Reward Points?

Tink1
03-20-2010, 01:35 PM
We sure can!

Just make sure you get the rewards card with the points applied first, Then give the number to your agent, let her know it is a rewards card and how much of it to apply to the reservation.

Nanc

Goofy4TheWorld
03-20-2010, 02:01 PM
I guess I will start working on my email to Denise.

Thanks!

Goofy4TheWorld
03-20-2010, 02:04 PM
I just thought of another question.

Are reward points refundable, like if something terrible happened and we had to cancel the trip, can the Reward Points be credited back?

Tink1
03-20-2010, 03:22 PM
Yes, which is why you hang onto your rewards card until it expires- even if there is nothing on it.

Disney puts the money back to the source it came from.

Nanc

faline
03-20-2010, 06:44 PM
Keep in mind, though, you cannot return your Disney Rewards points back to your Disney card and would need to use them before your Disney Rewards card expires. If you needed to cancel your trip, you could use them to purchase park tickets which you could hold until you got to Disney again and they would never expire.

Tink1
03-20-2010, 07:48 PM
Keep in mind, though, you cannot return your Disney Rewards points back to your Disney card and would need to use them before your Disney Rewards card expires. If you needed to cancel your trip, you could use them to purchase park tickets which you could hold until you got to Disney again and they would never expire.

Or, rather than cancelling we can reschedule.

Nanc

faline
03-20-2010, 07:50 PM
Very true! And it's always nice to have a Disney trip in the planning stages!

Goofy4TheWorld
03-20-2010, 10:46 PM
Nanci, thanks so much for your reply, and thanks faline for the heads up on the points as well.

Or, rather than canceling we can reschedule.

Nanc

Very true! And it's always nice to have a Disney trip in the planning stages!

It's SO funny you should mention this because I have secretly being hoping to take a second WDW trip this year to see the Christmas decorations. I figured that the only way I could EVER handle the crowds at Christmas was to have already been to WDW that same year and "got the rides over with" so that I could enjoy looking at decorations and just doing shows (and not flip out over the crowds.)

Despite my secret agenda, I never really ran the idea by the boss lady, then 30 minutes ago while taking to my wife about the change from Wishes to the new Summer Nightastic fireworks, my wife said she was really going to miss seeing Wishes, so I smirked "well, we could go back at Christmas to see it...":thedolls:

Well, I nearly fell off the couch when she said "you know, I'm really serious, we should look into flying down for 3 days just for Christmas." Needless to say, I am giddy with excitement, although I am going to resist trying to plan anything until I'm done planning my June trip! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

It is SO nice to have a backup plan, isn't it!

faline
03-21-2010, 02:46 PM
It is SO nice to have a backup plan, isn't it!

It certainly is!