PDA

View Full Version : Where to eat?

mom2morgan
03-20-2010, 12:36 PM
We've decided on dinner at the the Blue Bayou, and now we're trying to decide where else to eat. I was thinking dinner at the Storyteller's Cafe, but I'm getting conflicting information on whether or not they offer a buffet. I'm not so sure about Goofy's Kitchen - how's the food? My youngest daughter is 11, so a character meal is not a "must". And I don't have the budget for the really big "fine dining" options. So - one's I'm considering are Storyteller's Cafe, Ariel's Grotto, Goofy's Kitchen. Any advice on those three or other suggestions I haven't mentioned? Oh..and I'm meeting family friends there, and we all want to do one meal together...there will be seven of us. Any specific suggestions for where to go for that size group - maybe a nice breakfast location?

Disney4us2
03-21-2010, 03:39 AM
My favorites are Storytellers Cafe. Had lunch there Saturday. They offer a buffet at breakfast (character dining) and at dinner (no characters. Lunch is ordering off the menu. ADR advised for breakfast and dinner.

In Disneyland, on Main Street is the Carnation Cafe. This is outdoor seating. The food is very good.... Highly recommend ADR for this one

NotaGeek
03-21-2010, 05:04 AM
Storytellers is great -- and you have the option of ordering off the menu instead of the buffet, which is nice -- but at the price of some of the entrees its usually not far off from the buffet!

Carnation Cafe and/or Steakhouse 55 for breakfast -- AH-mazing and not any more than anyplace for breakfast out.

Great dinner at Hook's Point with their new menu -- lots of seafood, but I had the steak last week and it was truly delicious.

Steakhouse 55 has amazing dinners -- its pricey but totally worth it. Steaks/Entrees are ordered with sides ala carte -- and there is usually a fixed price 3 course meal for about $70 that is never less than stellar.

My favorite character meal is Goofy's Kitchen -- great interaction and the food is decent.

For a great buffet-eria (this doesn't exist at WDW, you order off a cafeteria style buffet and then seat yourself) -- try Plaza Inn on Main Street or the Rancho del Zocalo -- Plaza Inn fried chicken and roast beef are a tradition from the beginning of DLR.

Beebop1962
03-21-2010, 01:54 PM
We ate at Storyteller Cafe while we were there and absolutely loved it. We at there for dinner and the buffet was awesome. Our waiter was awesome as he made as very comfortable and gave us button's to celebrate my birthday.

We also ate at Ariel's Ghetto at CA. For there of us it was $128.00, which was pricey. The Disney Princess were there during the meal and they posed for pics if you wanted them.

We also ate breakfast one day at the cafe at the Californian Hotel, which we enjoyed. Not badly priced. We ate dinner one night at the restruant at Paradise Pier hotel..Probably was my least favorite.

LibertyTreeGal
03-24-2010, 03:11 PM
I really disliked Storytellers, none of us had a good meal. My fave place for a sit down on property is at DTD Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen :thumbsup:

GusNJacque
03-31-2010, 03:17 PM
I really enjoyed Ariel's. It was a really fun experience. Haven't been to Storytellers so can't offer an opinion on that.

MegaDisney
03-31-2010, 04:56 PM
I don't care for Storytellers or Ariels.

If I was going to do a Character Meal it would be at Goofy's Kitchen.

The food at all three is standard Furr's cafeteria fare IMHO.

LibertyTreeGal
04-06-2010, 07:47 PM
I don't care for Storytellers or Ariels.

If I was going to do a Character Meal it would be at Goofy's Kitchen.

The food at all three is standard Furr's cafeteria fare IMHO.

Ditto!