PDA

View Full Version : bus transpotation from AKV

1goofydad
03-19-2010, 10:27 AM
127 days and count to AKV:thumbsup:. McMouse and i are taking our families, pre trip report to come but have a question on transporting to the parks. About how long does it take to get to all the parks and do any of the theme parks share with the water parks?

c&d
03-19-2010, 11:09 AM
If I remember correctly every bus going to AK stops at Blizzard Beach. Typhoon Lagoon is shared with the DTD buses.

When we stayed at AKL it took about 45 min to 1 hour from the time we left our room until we were entering the parks. Most bus rides were about 20-25 minutes. With the exception of AK, of course.

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-19-2010, 11:20 AM
We're staying at AKV in October. What I've been reading about the buses is that AKV buses have two stops. The first for pick up and drop off is always Kidani Village. And then the 2nd is always Jambo house.

As far as sharing an AKV bus with a water park, I think that would only happen during the day and not at park closing (obviously since the water parks close earlier). But, now with Kidani open, I'm thinking that the AKL/AKV bus doesn't share too much anymore due to the larger AKL/AKV crowd.

That's all my google research has lead me to believe. :thumbsup:

Can't wait to hear about your trip.

Tygger7
03-19-2010, 01:29 PM
We haven't stayed at AKL, but have went over to sightsee several times. No matter which park we came from, or where we were going, (with the execption of AK), it took a good 45-60 minutes. For this reason alone, I won't stay there...I don't want to spend 2 hours of my day trying to get to the parks, especially when I spend most of my time at MK and Epcot. Maybe it's better in "off" seasons....

BigRedDad
03-19-2010, 02:55 PM
This is my bus experience from last week. Note that the miniature golf courses are open late and buses WILL stop there on their runs to and from the resort.

To/From MK: Pick up/Drop-off Kidani first, then Jambo house. Trip is about 20 minutes

To/From Epcot: Pick up/Drop-off Kidani Village, then Jambo House. Trip is about 15 minutes

To/From DHS: Pick up/Drop-off Kidani Village, then Jambo House. Trip is about 10 minutes

To AK: Pickup Kidani Village, then Jambo House. Trip is about 5 minutes.

From AK: Stop at Blizzard Beach, to Kidani Village, then Jambo House. About 15 minutes.

We did not go to DTD, but my guess is Typhoon Lagoon is on the DTD run.

joelkfla
03-19-2010, 08:16 PM
The above info is correct except for the water parks.

For AKL only, BB is served by the DHS bus. That's because from DAK, BB is the opposite direction from AKL. I think the AKL-DHS bus stops at BB in both directions.

TL is served by the DTD bus, but it only stops going in one direction. From about 9:30 to 11:00 a.m., the TL stop is made on the way to DTD. After about 11 a.m. until TL is empty, the stop is made leaving DTD.

DisNut
03-21-2010, 09:32 AM
BigRedDad is right on target with his times.

We stayed in Jambo House in January and at first were very concerned about the travel times to the parks. We had read in different travel books that the times were between 45-60minutes. But we were very pleasantly surprised with the time it took to get around.

I think the longest time we were on a bus was maybe 20 minutes. We were there in January, during the freezing cold spell, so the water parks were not open (or if they were I doubt anyone would have been at them!!).

candleshoe
03-21-2010, 10:25 AM
We are staying at Kidani Village and have a dinner planned at Boma's in Jambo House. Is there any way to get back to the village or do we have to board a bus for an entire loop to and from a park??? (Guess if that's the case we'd just get on an AK bus, yes?)

hubbyofadisneyholic
03-21-2010, 01:28 PM
We are staying at Kidani Village and have a dinner planned at Boma's in Jambo House. Is there any way to get back to the village or do we have to board a bus for an entire loop to and from a park??? (Guess if that's the case we'd just get on an AK bus, yes?)

One of the bus routes ( can't remember which one) goes to Kidani after leaving Jambo House.
We were just there in January but I am having a brain freeze...:blush:
Also, it is only about a 5 minute walk. It was quite pleasant when we did it, not sure it would be so much fun on one of those hot sticky summer days though. ;)

joelkfla
03-22-2010, 12:29 AM
The DTD bus carries guests from Jambo House to Kidani Village (load zone 5 at Jambo.) All other buses generally stop at Kidani before Jambo.

But there are exceptions. ALWAYS check with the driver when you're going someplace that's not on the bus' marquee.

And you could go to a park and ride back, but you'd probably have to change buses. Buses rarely go back to the same resort they've come from.

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-22-2010, 05:08 PM

I find that the maps make everything seem much farther than they are in real life to walk it. I would say to take a pleasant walk from Kidani to Jambo. When you get there you can see how far the walk is. I'd hate to wait for a bus to get to jambo and then sit on a bus for all of 2 seconds.

When we stayed at the Treehouses, we were concerned with the distance from our villa to the main carriage house. My husband and I walked it the first morning to fill our mugs and it was less than 5 minutes. The map made it look like a mile away!