PDA

View Full Version : accomodations for 3 adults and 1 child

ransam
03-19-2010, 01:40 AM
hey guys, i need your advice....
I am going to Disneyworld in mid september. I'll be going w/ 2 girls and a child....(i'm a guy by the way)....and we need the best, cheapest alternatives. I will have an evc....
the girls can share a bed...and i will have one...and then the child as well...
what would anyone suggest?
maybe we can get a cot for the child?
are the handicapped rooms always 1 king size bed, or can you get them w/ a double bed?
what resort is there that has a trundle bed?

thanks for any and all suggestions.

Amy_617
03-19-2010, 02:10 AM
I am not sure about all of your questions, but I can help you out with a few...

hey guys, i need your advice....
I am going to Disneyworld in mid september. I'll be going w/ 2 girls and a child....(i'm a guy by the way)....and we need the best, cheapest alternatives. I will have an evc....
the girls can share a bed...and i will have one...and then the child as well...
what would anyone suggest?

The beds in the value and mods are all two doubles...unless you get a (1) king room or stay at Coronado Springs. They are 2 queens instead of the doubles. Also, you may want to check out the Fort Wilderness Cabins. They have 1 double with bunks in the bedroom, and a murphy double in the living room...plus you get a kitchen for a pretty good price.

what resort is there that has a trundle bed?

Port Orleans Riverside has a trundle bed in some of the Alligator Bayou section rooms. Those rooms can sleep up to 5 people. How old is the child? The trundle beds are small, so only a younger child (maybe under 7 or so) would be able to sleep on it.

Hope this helps, and someone should be around soon to help with your other questions!!

Have a great time!! :mickey:

divinedi
03-19-2010, 01:30 PM
Cheapest - Value Resort of course, and we've brought breakfast items with us, dry cereal, granola bars etc. to eat in the room, saves a bit on meals. Now, we've done it that we brought a twin size air mattress, fairly good one, and used it for one of the kids, the child could sleep on that and it can be put up against the wall during the day....mousekeeping will even give you some bedding for it. As far as ECV accessible rooms, they do have the kingsize bed in them, so that wouldn't be practical, I guess it depends on how mobile you are, the rooms with the double beds aren't that big, but I've never tried to maneuver an ECV in the room, my Dad rents one at the parks, but walks the rest of the time. Hope this helps a bit.

TammiMcMan
03-19-2010, 02:51 PM
I agree with Dianne. Value is your cheapest option and bringing an air mattress as opposed to trying to get a cot will save you a lot of floor space. The air mattress can easily be stood against a wall during the day.

If you can broaden the budget a little, POR with a trundle bed is another good option. A little bit more room and an actual bed for the child which can be stored during the day.

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-19-2010, 03:34 PM
How old is the child? If they are under 3, there is a pack-n-play in each room that you can use for the child. If they are older, then I say a Value suite.

magicofdisney
03-19-2010, 06:45 PM
Another option is to get connecting rooms at a Value. One time, we got a connecting handicap room with a regular room. The handicap room had the king bed and the regular room had two full beds.

mom2morgan
03-19-2010, 09:47 PM
My 16 year old daughter slept on the trundle bed at POR and was VERY comfortable (she's about 5-foot-3 so I'm sure it would suit almost any child.

LVT
03-22-2010, 07:14 PM
The rooms at the values are all similar and very small. The best idea I've seen is the 2 value rooms. With all of the discounts available 2 rooms at the values is equal to 1 at a moderate.
The rooms have 2 double beds, a table 2 chairs and the TV stand/dresser. The ECV probably needs the handicap room in order to enter the room at all.