PDA

View Full Version : Playground hopping

BrerGnat
03-18-2010, 09:09 PM
Is it okay to do this? I mean, can we take our kids to some of the other resorts' playgrounds? Or, is this frowned upon or not allowed?

We are staying at BC. Our kids have some sensory issues that require a certain amount of climbing, hanging from bars, jumping, etc. per day. Since the playground at the BC is so pitiful, I started looking at pics of others online.

In particular, the one at Swan/Dolphin and BWI look perfect! Since it's an easy walk, could we go over there to play?

I showed the boys a picture of the structure set up in Epcot for the Flower Festival, and they were stoked, since it's a similar structure to one that we have at a new local park that they love. But, variety is key, so wanted to have some others in my "arsenal".

Lakin
03-18-2010, 09:49 PM
I've never heard anything about it not being allowed - I think it would be quite okay.

Amy_617
03-19-2010, 12:39 AM
Our DS will be 2 when we go, and he loves to slide! We will be staying at the BC as well, so I know what you mean about the playground. We were planning on taking our lil man over to the BW playground too. I didn't think it would be a problem :blush: , but I'm glad you asked so we can know for sure! :mickey:

gerald72
03-19-2010, 07:03 AM
We were early for our ADR at boma, so we decided to walk around animal kingdom lodge for a bit. While the kids were playing on the playground, I happened to notice a sign that said it was for animal kingdom lodge guests only.
I doubt anyone would check Ids.
Later we were at the playground at ft wilderness and I saw no such sign.

TammiMcMan
03-19-2010, 02:56 PM
Some are limited to guests at that resort only, some don't have that distinction. You'd need to check the rules at whichever resort you were interested in visiting.

QTPie68
03-19-2010, 08:20 PM
Some are limited to guests at that resort only, some don't have that distinction. You'd need to check the rules at whichever resort you were interested in visiting.

Just curuosity - any idea why that is?? I mean, I understand the pool idea (different pools for different accomodations) but are playgrounds like that?

TammiMcMan
03-19-2010, 08:26 PM
Just curuosity - any idea why that is?? I mean, I understand the pool idea (different pools for different accomodations) but are playgrounds like that?Maybe because like pools, it's a limited resource. Most of the playgrounds are on the small side and a couple of swings are barely enough to accommodate children who are guests of the resort.

TammiMcMan
03-19-2010, 08:30 PM
Just curuosity - any idea why that is?? I mean, I understand the pool idea (different pools for different accomodations) but are playgrounds like that?Maybe because like pools, it's a limited resource. Most of the playgrounds are on the small side and a couple of swings are barely enough to accommodate children who are guests of the resort. It's just something that should be checked with resort management. If a resort guest is not using the equipment, it may be okay for other kids to play on it for a little while, but that is a management decision.

QTPie68
03-22-2010, 01:59 AM
Thanks Tammi - -just wondering!

BrerGnat
03-22-2010, 01:19 PM
Thanks for the feedback. We'll go to check them out and if they are empty or close to empty, we'll let the kids play for awhile. If they are crowded with kids, we'll just move on.