PDA

View Full Version : Where to stay?

eeyorepoohfan
03-18-2010, 06:06 PM
My sister and I might be heading to Disneyland in April or May. We don't need to stay on property and are only going for a couple of days. My sister would prefer a hotel with a gym, walking distance to the parks, updated and safe. Any suggestions? We've been to Disneyland countless times, but this is only our second trip for the two of us. I haven't been to Disneyland in a couple of years now, and not sure which areas are safe. Thank you in advance for your help! :mickey:

Oh, and we don't want to pay more than $130/night if possible.

mom2morgan
03-18-2010, 06:55 PM
Okay, take this for what it's worth since I'm taking my first trip this summer ;-) But I've done a LOT of research, and the two I was most keen on are the Candy Cane Inn, and the Anabella. Both are in very close walking distance, have fitness centers and look very nice. The Candy Cane gets lots of positive reviews here, and the Anabella is highly recommended by the "Unofficial Guide". For me, I'd be pretty happy with either choice. Candy Cane has a continental breakfast and free shuttle; Anabella currently has some very good deals for your dates.

robnadina
03-19-2010, 10:30 AM
Hi There!
There are so many options it would be insane of me to break them down. Taking your requests into consideration, take a look at the Fairfield Inn. Its across the street, a VERY easy walk, has a gym and is a clean and secure place. I have stayed there and really liked it. Hope you have fun planning and a great time once you get to So Cal.

eeyorepoohfan
03-19-2010, 02:00 PM
Robnadina - Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't see a gym listed on their amenities. Did you see it when you were there by any chance? When were you there? My sister said she is willing to give up the gym if she had to, but I'd like her to still have that option. I LOVE the location of Fairfield. I've walked by it on many Disneyland trips, just never stayed there! :thumbsup:

mom2morgan - I will look at Candy Cane Inn and Anabella. It seems like the location of Candy Cane Inn is a little better for walking maybe. Thanks! :mickey:

My sister has seen some of the nice hotels by the convention center online. Has anyone stayed at any of those? Any thought? :confused:

robnadina
03-19-2010, 06:41 PM
Robnadina - Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't see a gym listed on their amenities. Did you see it when you were there by any chance? When were you there? My sister said she is willing to give up the gym if she had to, but I'd like her to still have that option. I LOVE the location of Fairfield. I've walked by it on many Disneyland trips, just never stayed there! :thumbsup:

We stayed there a little over a year ago for a weekend trip. I could swore I saw a gym right off of the pool area, but the website does not list one on property. So you may want to call and ask. Otherwise its a great hotel:sun:

eeyorepoohfan
03-22-2010, 04:25 PM
We stayed there a little over a year ago for a weekend trip. I could swore I saw a gym right off of the pool area, but the website does not list one on property. So you may want to call and ask. Otherwise its a great hotel:sun:

I called them this weekend and no gym :( But I will still suggest it to my sister as an option if she feels she can go without running for a couple of days! :thumbsup:

LibertyTreeGal
03-27-2010, 06:54 AM
I have stayed at the Anabella and it was fine but not sure if it had a gym -- truly, you walk and walk and walk so much that no one has energy for the gym afterwards ;)

eeyorepoohfan
03-27-2010, 09:38 PM
I have stayed at the Anabella and it was fine but not sure if it had a gym -- truly, you walk and walk and walk so much that no one has energy for the gym afterwards ;)

My sister is a serious running maniac! When she was at Disney World in December, she ran every morning at their hotel. Then walked the parks with her hubby and almost 5 year old! I think she must be the milkmans daughter ;) I have heard pretty good things about Anabella and it's on my list to show her! Thank you for the recommendation! I'll double check on the gym, I think I saw it listed. :thumbsup:

PiratesCove
04-13-2010, 12:16 PM
It's not within walking distance ( About 2 miles..) but my favorite Hotel is Ayers Hotel and it does have a Fitness Studio. It has a hot breakfast and upscale rooms.

www.ayreshotels.com/anaheim/index.asp

eeyorepoohfan
04-15-2010, 01:11 PM
Thanks everyone! My oldest sister is going to join us and she has an AP and gets discounts on property! Most likely we will be staying at Paradise Pier or Disneyland Hotel. Even with the discount Grand Californian is a bit much. We are so very excited!!!! :mickey: :cloud9: