PDA

View Full Version : AKL - Kidani Village or Jambo House?

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-18-2010, 03:23 PM
We are currently booked for 2 Kidani Village studios - one savannah view and one standard view.

I'm wondering what you all thought of Kidani and/or Jambo. I'd love to hear everyones views on their fav (or least fav.)

The cast member who helped me said that both were available for studios for our trip dates. I just chose Kidani at the time solely based on it being newer of the two.

DizneyRox
03-18-2010, 04:29 PM
With all of the DVC "converted" resorts I've stayed at, the DVC side of the house seems to be a little less rowdy.

Jambo House used to be a nice quiet place to sit and smell the roses. Last time I was there it felt like I was at Pop Century compared to the atmosphere at Kidani. The Mara was a mad house the pool was busy, I even had to wait for an elevator several times.

In years past, it only got a little congested around Boma at feeding time.

I've seen similar stuff at BWI/BWV and BC/BCV.

Busses stop at Kidani first, then head over to Jambo for the parks (pickup and dropoff).

seanyred
03-19-2010, 09:47 AM
I voted Kidani. Mainly because Kidani has a much more home like feel to it. Its a big resort but the size of the lobby and savanah overlooks have more of an intimate feel to them. Also I think the pool at Kidani is way better for kids, especially the water play park. My last reason is for viewing the animals. I have stayed at a standard view at Kidani and Value-Pool View at Jambo. While at Kidani I saw the animals in the Savanah everyday because how close you always were to the savanah. At Jambo I never had any casual viewings of animals.

That being said the only thing Kidani is missing is a counter service. Also Boma is just fantastic at Jambo

cinderellagrl
03-20-2010, 11:12 AM
We had just this decision to make for our December trip. It was a hard choice to make, but we decided to make a pros list for each:

Jambo:
Pros: three restaurants, including the Mara (counterservice), more "awe-inspiring" lobby, in my opinion a better "flow" to the resort

Kidani:
pros: larger rooms, extra bathroom in the 1 bedrooms, awesome pool area, smaller and more private, parking under resort (we knew where our room was, parked right under it and took the elevator up, unfortunately this stopped us from ever walking through the resort)

We ended up choosing Kidani. We were happy with our decision, although I felt as the though the set-up was a little off.