PDA

View Full Version : Good breakfast options

jenperich
03-18-2010, 02:38 PM
DH, D-MIL, and I are visiting the World from 10/8-10/18. We have decided to do the DxDDP. Now, we need some good breakfast options. We are probably going to Chef Mickeys, Crystal Palace, Kona, 1900 Park Fare, and Whispering Canyon. We will be staying at BLT. So, are there any other suggestions? Thanks!

faline
03-18-2010, 02:53 PM
The Grand Floridian Cafe is one of my favorite places for a nice breakfast!

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-18-2010, 03:10 PM
Boma's for breakfast.... all I have to say is FRUNCH!:thumbsup:

Since you already have Crystal Palace for breakfast, I say Asherkus in EPCOT. I know its a princess breakfast but, you get to walk through EPCOT before it opens! Great photo ops. That alone is worth it.

I heard Wave at CR and Grand Floridian Cafe were also good. Haven't been there myself yet, but, I'm willing to try.

btw... We'll be arriving the day before you check out! You'll have to hand me the DVC and DDP baton!

WishingStar2006
03-18-2010, 03:27 PM
I agree with the Grand Floridian Cafe for breakfast....FABULOUS!!! and just a short monorail ride for you!!!

Also, we really enjoy the breakfast at Tusker House at Animal Kingdom. It's a character breakfast but the food is wonderful!!!

Have fun and enjoy!

SBETigg
03-18-2010, 03:32 PM
The Grand Floridian Cafe is one of my favorite places for a nice breakfast!

Agreed. Love the GF Cafe! I would also try Boma or Kouzzina for breakfast sometime perhaps.

I recommend trying some Signature restaurants for dinners. It helps cut down on the time taken by sitting and eating so often.

megustamex
03-18-2010, 05:15 PM
Ditto the Tusker House Donald's Breakfast. They have all sorts of exotic breads that were wonderful.

Kaszia
03-19-2010, 08:28 AM
We will be on the DxDDP also when we go in April. Since this is our chance to try many signature restaurants, we are planning to use our snack credits for many breakfasts so we will be going to Kusafari Coffee Shop, Main Street Bakery, Starring Rolls, Boardwalk Bakery, etc.

DVC2004
03-19-2010, 08:33 AM
Kona Cafe at the Poly has great breakfast- if you like coffee they have wonderful Kona coffee as well as the Tonga Toast and Macadamia Nut Pancakes. The Tonga Toast is like half a loaf of bread stuffed with bananas then fried and rolled in cinnamon and sugar. Even if you don't like banana's it's great- a real treat. It's my family's favorite breakfast place!

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-19-2010, 03:16 PM
Kona Cafe at the Poly has great breakfast- if you like coffee they have wonderful Kona coffee as well as the Tonga Toast and Macadamia Nut Pancakes. The Tonga Toast is like half a loaf of bread stuffed with bananas then fried and rolled in cinnamon and sugar. Even if you don't like banana's it's great- a real treat. It's my family's favorite breakfast place!

oh my tonga toast!!! While we love Tonga Toast, we aren't really head over heals for Kona Cafe. So, we get our Tonga Toast for 1/2 the price at the Poly Counter service - Captain Cooks (one of our favorite CS places at WDW). Same exact Tonga Toast... bigger than we can bite. :cloud9: :cloud9:

Then we get a cup of Kona coffee at the stand right next to Kona and pop a squat next to the pool with park maps to read and its a perfect morning.

pixiesmimi
03-21-2010, 05:02 PM
Ohanas, Tusker House, Asherkus, Chef Mickey's, CP, Bakery on Main Street are some of our favorites.

Loweschevy
03-22-2010, 09:46 AM
Another vote for the Grand Floridian Cafe!

We eat here or at the Kona just about all week.

renecat
03-22-2010, 10:36 AM
Cape May is a great breakfast buffet. I also agree with Kona,& GF Cafe.

Julie_Mouse
03-22-2010, 11:14 AM
Can anyone tell me what the price of the tonga toast is at Captain Cook's? Just wondering whether it could be purchased as a snack under the dining plan... we will be there in May, and we don't normally use our TS credits for breakfasts, but I really, really want to try the famous tonga toast!:mickey:

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-22-2010, 12:40 PM
Can anyone tell me what the price of the tonga toast is at Captain Cook's? Just wondering whether it could be purchased as a snack under the dining plan... we will be there in May, and we don't normally use our TS credits for breakfasts, but I really, really want to try the famous tonga toast!:mickey:

I believe it is $5.09+tax. At least that is what I found online for pricing. We had the QSDP so, i don't have prices written down. (something that I will be doing next trip to see if the QSDP is still right for our family) Not a snack but, a definite OOP meal if you are on the "standard" dining plan. it is TOTALLY worth it!