PDA

View Full Version : What direction does YC face?

Dream'nDisney
03-18-2010, 10:24 AM
I was thinking about requesting a room that does not face the east so that the sunrise doesn't blind us. We love to sit on the balcony early in the morning while the kids are sleeping. I have been at resorts where it is almost impossible to sit because the sun was so blinding:cool: I'm thinking that most of the rooms with a view are probably facing east, but I'm not sure. Heck, as long as I'm not looking at the parking lot or a roof, I guess I really shouldn't care because I'LL BE A WDW!!:mickey:

Ed
03-18-2010, 10:32 AM
Looking at the resort on Google Earth, it appears that the parking lot side faces roughly northwest and the lagoon side faces southeast.

Scar
03-18-2010, 10:36 AM
I suggest checking out "Google Earth". It appears you are correct that most of the rooms facing the lagoon face either NE or SE, and the rooms facing The Dolphin and the parking lot face either NW or SW. However, there does appear to be a small number of rooms on the lagoon side facing SW.

Scar
03-18-2010, 10:37 AM
Ed must be as bored as me.

Dream'nDisney
03-18-2010, 10:44 AM
LOL. Thanks! I have tons of work to do, but am bored myself. I'd much rather talk about ANYTHING Disney. Thanks again. :thumbsup:

Dream'nDisney
03-18-2010, 10:46 AM
I was actually thinking a room facing the Dolphin might be kind of nice. I would think it would be quieter. The only drawback would be that it would be a further walk to Epcot.

Ed
03-18-2010, 01:21 PM
Ed must be as bored as me.

Ya think? :D