PDA

View Full Version : World of Color Opening Date Announced - Nightastic to Return to DLR

MegaDisney
03-17-2010, 07:11 PM
Source Disneyland News:

"“Summer Nightastic!” Returns!

Beginning June 11, “Summer Nightastic!” returns to the Disneyland Resort, featuring exciting evening events that will electrify the night. “Summer Nightastic!” runs through Aug. 29 at Disneyland and Disney’s California Adventure theme parks.

Headlining the entertainment is the new nighttime water spectacular – “World of Color” – at Disney’s California Adventure park. Surpassing all previous water productions, “World of Color” brings Disney animation to life with powerful fountains that are the stars of the show, forming the world’s largest projected water screen. In the making since 2005, “World of Color” combines hundreds of magnificent fountains, LED-produced dazzling colors, and an all-new kaleidoscope of audio and visual effects to take water-infused entertainment to a new level of artistry.

Located in Paradise Bay, Disney’s newest production features an unprecedented infrastructure of water effects, larger-than-life projections, lasers, fire, fog, surround sound and stunning images. This technical wizardry, combined with classic, animated Disney and Disney•Pixar film sequences, creates an emotional experience for guests as jaw-dropping effects sweep across the lagoon and soar into the sky.

Meanwhile, at Disneyland park, “Fantasmic!” ignites the night with thrills, life-like creatures including a fire-breathing dragon, and spine-tingling adventures for Sorcerer Mickey. Also, in the skies above Sleeping Beauty Castle, “Magical” sparks to life with a dazzling fireworks spectacular in which colorful choreographed pyrotechnics burst and soar to a soundtrack of celebratory Disney songs. “Magical,” which premiered in summer 2009, features both Tinker Bell and Dumbo in flight over the castle."

NotaGeek
03-18-2010, 11:13 AM
:clappy:

Looks like I will have to hope that AP Previews will be before that ... time try and save some money!

robnadina
03-22-2010, 10:35 AM
:clappy:

Looks like I will have to hope that AP Previews will be before that ... time try and save some money!

I think they will be. A friend stayed at the Grand Cali last week and had a Theme park view looking into Paradise Bay. She said they were testing the lights and water effects after park hours! This immediately made me think of an AP soft opening happening soon. :fingers:

BrerGnat
03-22-2010, 01:17 PM
But, WOC will be shown more than for JUST the summer, right? It's going to be year round, I hope.

Bummer that it is not premiering until June. I was hoping for a late spring opening date.

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
03-22-2010, 06:13 PM
They have been "shooting for" late spring. Unfortunately they missed that and my birthday.

Boo!

Oh well, at least as part of my weeklong birthday celebration I can go to DCA to see it!

:smickey:

MegaDisney
03-22-2010, 07:42 PM
WoC will be a permanent show. As permanent as anything at DLR is.

Also UPDATE: Disney has removed the June 11th Date from the press release. Hopefully they are moving it forward.

MegaDisney
03-23-2010, 05:23 PM
From the OC Register:

Disneyland Resort recently announced promotions for the summer season, but officials are staying quiet about plans for its biggest spectacle: the World of Color show.

Summer Nightastic — Disney’s summer season — is set to start June 11 with special fireworks, called Magical, and Fantasmic!, a water, lights and animatronics show in Disneyland.

But officials have yet to release the opening date for World of Color, a larger water and lights show that is being added to Disney’s California Adventure.

A first-of-its kind show, the World of Color is set to feature images of Disney cartoons projected on a 19,000-square-foot water screen and fountains that squirt up to 200 feet. Workers have been testing the fountains lately.

The show is part of the California Adventure expansion.

Last week, some Disney blogs and fan Web sites reported that the World of Color’s debut was confirmed for June 11, based on a Disney press release about summer promotions. But Disney quickly removed the date from the press release after it was misinterpreted.

A final opening date has yet to be determined, said John McClintock, a Disneyland Resort spokesman. The date will be announced later this spring, he said.

More details about Summer Nightastic, including a light show at Pixie Hollow and dance parties in Tomorrowland, will also be released later this spring.

LibertyTreeGal
03-23-2010, 07:41 PM
Ooooh goody -- can't wait!!! Maybe if I get lucky they will be doing an AP early show over May 13-15 when I will be there!!!

mcjaco
03-25-2010, 02:25 PM
I think they will be. A friend stayed at the Grand Cali last week and had a Theme park view looking into Paradise Bay. She said they were testing the lights and water effects after park hours! This immediately made me think of an AP soft opening happening soon. :fingers:

I watched them test some of it Monday night. It's very impressive.

Between my visit Thursday, and then Monday, the Golden Zephyrs and the swings, went from being tarped up, to being unwrapped. They look sharp. Screamin' is also running five trains for the first time in over a year.

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
03-26-2010, 03:02 PM
Happy to hear Screamin' is back up to five trains.

WooHoo!

See you next Friday DLR!

robnadina
04-01-2010, 01:01 PM
Latimes.com has a write up on World of Color with some video of various things from water tests to recording soundtrack and a funny bit with Goofy and Mickey refilling the bay. I am not sure if the video is picked from the Disney website, because I cant view it at work. But I was able to see the LA Times ones and they showed some animation and water tests done in February. I cant wait to see this and will be one of the thousands (I am sure) of people packing CA this summer to check it out. :mickey:

MegaDisney
04-01-2010, 04:21 PM
Latimes.com has a write up on World of Color with some video of various things from water tests to recording soundtrack and a funny bit with Goofy and Mickey refilling the bay. I am not sure if the video is picked from the Disney website, because I cant view it at work. But I was able to see the LA Times ones and they showed some animation and water tests done in February. I cant wait to see this and will be one of the thousands (I am sure) of people packing CA this summer to check it out. :mickey:

Yeah those videos are from the Disney Parks Blog. They are WAY cool!

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
04-01-2010, 06:57 PM
It was great that L.A. Times did the story though!

robnadina
04-20-2010, 03:08 PM
June 11th is the date!!! Per OC Register! AP Holders will have a special preview, but no date has been given for that. I am so excited!

BrerGnat
04-20-2010, 03:20 PM
Also June 11 per Disney Blog site.

Hope they announce the AP preview soon...I'll bet it will be a drawing like for TSM. I can't imagine what would happen if all million AP holders showed up.

On another note, I was at DCA on Sunday. The viewing area looks SMALL, and it looks like once you're in there, you're IN THERE, until the show is over. I'll probably try to catch the show from somewhere else around the lagoon. I don't like how the viewing area "traps" you like that.

MegaDisney
04-20-2010, 04:21 PM
From D23:

"Lights, water, music, fire and animation will come together like never before on June 11 when World of Color makes its dazzling debut at Disney's California Adventure theme park. The show is choreographed with revolutionary technology that creates a playful, nighttime spectacular and a new way for guests to experience Disney stories — from the charming to the adventurous.

Presented on Paradise Bay in Disney's California Adventure park, World of Color is a major milestone in the multi-year expansion of the park. The show combines nearly 1,200 powerful fountains, popular Disney music and an all-new kaleidoscope of audio and visual effects, including both classic and new animation projected on massive screens of water. World of Color floods the senses and takes the audience on an imaginative, emotional journey into the colorful worlds of Disney classics, such as The Lion King and The Little Mermaid, along with Disney·Pixar films including Toy Story and WALL·E.

"What's great about 'World of Color' is there's something for everybody," said Steve Davison, of Walt Disney Imagineering Creative Entertainment.

World of Color will take water-infused entertainment to a new level of artistry. Disney's newest production features an unprecedented infrastructure of water effects, larger-than-life projections, lasers, fire, fog, surround sound and moving fountains that can shoot spouts from 30 feet to 200 feet high. Technical wizardry integrates all the media with one of the biggest show control system ever built; more than 18,000 active points of control are precisely managed by a single system.

World of Color debuts this year as part of Summer Nightastic! — a lineup of exciting, after-dark entertainment that will illuminate the night at Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure theme parks. Summer Nightastic! will run from June 11 through August 29, while World of Color will continue entertaining guests year-round at Paradise Bay.

At Disneyland park, Fantasmic! ignites the night with thrills, life-like creatures including a fire-breathing dragon and spine-tingling adventures for Sorcerer Mickey. In the skies above Sleeping Beauty Castle, "Magical" sparks to life with a dazzling fireworks spectacular in which colorful, choreographed pyrotechnics burst and soar to a soundtrack of Disney songs. "Magical" features both Tinker Bell and Dumbo in flight over the castle."

tinkwest
05-02-2010, 07:53 PM
Most recent updates and DLR summer hotel offers during Nightastic posted on INTERCOT West News page