PDA

View Full Version : Big Red Dad's Adventure Post Trip

BigRedDad
03-16-2010, 03:15 PM
Observations:
1. We were never once asked for our AP for our reservation
2. Evening EMH does not require you to be a resort guest. All you need is a room key from the last 10 years.
3. Food quality and variety is severely lacking. More planning is required to get something other than a Double Cheeseburger, Chicken Nuggets, or Pizza.
4. CMs are hit or miss. There are no bad ones. There are just great ones which make your trip and average ones that make you question it.
5. Room views do not mean much unless you know specifically where you want to be, that they will assign you there, and you are getting what you pay for.

Tips:
1. Know your child's limitations. We found mine was good until 12-1PM. At which point a nap was required.
2. If you are in to pin trading, eBay is your friend.
3. Collecting pressed pennies can become a pain. Make sure you have the change with you each day and do not depend on the shops to have enough change to give you.
4. Plan your days better if there is an event on site. 2-hour bus rides are no fun.

JROriole8Fan
03-16-2010, 03:51 PM
On your point #2. Are you suggesting that you used old room keys and were granted EMH's? Did you do this, were you told this? Everytime we have used this benefit, our room keys were scanned, to confirm validity.

WishingStar2006
03-16-2010, 04:43 PM
I was there the same time as Big Red and found the some CM's really looked at your room key and checked dates, others you just flashed your key and it was a go...so conceptually, someone could have an old room key and get on some rides.

There was never any scanning involved, unless you were getting a fast pass...one evening during EMH they were fast passing Big Thunder Mountain and Space Mountain....too cold for SPlash Mountain....although they did have the water and splashing turned WAY DOWN!!!

faline
03-16-2010, 06:41 PM
Moderator Note: Please be aware that discussions around beating the system are not allowed on Intercot. People are expected to follow the rules that Disney sets such as having an annual pass when booked into a room with an annual pass discount and having a valid room key to utilize extra magic hours.

To BigRedDad: I agree that it is important to understand your child's limitations. Disney World is a big, busy and very stimulating environment which can often be overwhelming to young children. You are clearly a patient and committed parent who want to ensure your child enjoys a wonderful Disney experience and this certainly shines through in the reports you have posted!

mouseketeer mom
03-16-2010, 08:46 PM
Great observations. Thanks for the report. I enjoyed each installment.

BigRedDad
03-17-2010, 07:16 AM
On your point #2. Are you suggesting that you used old room keys and were granted EMH's? Did you do this, were you told this? Everytime we have used this benefit, our room keys were scanned, to confirm validity.

I was a resort guest my entire stay, so I did not circumvent any policies. I tested a theory I witnessed on the first ride I went on: PotC. I waited in line to have my resort key checked (March 6-March 10). The person in front of me occupied the attention of the CM and about 50 of their friends without passes walked in behind him. Then, on BTMRR, the CM never even looked at the keys in general. He just glanced at them. So, I tested my theory on Splash Mountain, HM, PotC again, and Space Mtn. I showed them the key I had from November 2008. Not once was I even questioned for EMH.

What my test proved is that WDW has no care who is at EMH. As long as you have something that remotely resembles a room key, you are going to get on a ride. They do not check dates, they do not really check the card either. It simply proved that the EMH process now is completely broken. They need to go back to the wristbands or some other form of insuring only current resort guests are in the park for EMH.

goofynmd
03-17-2010, 12:52 PM
It simply proved that the EMH process now is completely broken. They need to go back to the wristbands or some other form of insuring only current resort guests are in the park for EMH.

When did Disney get rid of the wrist bands? And what was the reason?

yjgirl32
03-18-2010, 09:47 AM
My DS6 do the penny press machines and have found if we print out a map/key whatever you wnat to call it we highlight ones we really really want and a couple that we stumble upon it keeps us o a budget and also a headache of us looking everywhere for them. I love doing them just gets to be a bit much. Thanks for sharing your observations.

pink
03-21-2010, 03:37 PM
When did Disney get rid of the wrist bands? And what was the reason?

When we went in September of 08 they had just changed it I think. I think they did it go save money. :mickey:

pdrlkr
03-21-2010, 06:29 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

vizsla
03-25-2010, 05:10 AM
Thanks for the reports, I enjoyed reading them.

princessgirls
03-26-2010, 09:10 PM
Thanks for your reports! I enjoyed all of them!

Julie:mickey:

DisneyorBust
03-28-2010, 11:31 AM
Thanks for your reports Big Red, I enjoyed your trip as well as your insight.
I agree with you regarding the dining, it seems to have taken the same road as merchandising, same food/goods just in different locations. I liked it better when you had more variety in both areas.

TikiGoddess
04-03-2010, 10:41 PM
Thanks for sharing your trip memories with us! I really enjoyed reading both the good and the bad. I'm so sorry to hear about the 2 hr bus ride! That would have driven me crazy...

But it sounds like the good far outweighed the bad. Looking forward to hearing about the October trip later this year!

Kathy