PDA

View Full Version : Cruising on a Budget???

clausjo
03-16-2010, 02:25 PM
Hi everyone! I'm thinking about taking a Disney cruise this summer and have some questions. Since the DCL seems to be more expensive than other cruise lines, I need to try to cruise on a budget - if that's possible. My husband refuses to even consider any other cruise line - which is fine by me. Any suggestions for first time cruisers to save some money would be very, very welcome. It will be me and my husband, son (10) and daughter (7). We'd like to do a 4 day cruise if possible.

Looking forward to everyone's suggestions!

TammiMcMan
03-16-2010, 10:46 PM
Time of year can make a big difference in what you'll pay and of course, booking the lowest category stateroom. If you're able to go in the fall, you'll risk hurricane season, but the prices can be right. Taking advantage of all the ship board activities and not booking any excursions will also save money. The "extras" can add up, but they're easy to avoid too (ie, bringing your own wine/beer on board, no spa, no photo packages, etc).

DisneyFr33k
03-17-2010, 11:28 AM
And don't play Bingo! I tried that once, and became hooked! I played each and every game!

DVCDisneyMom
03-18-2010, 08:55 AM
I second the bingo comment! Don't even start to play - not even once - because you'll be hooked! So fun, but the money adds up!!