PDA

View Full Version : Disney Moms CLube - BIg Red Box Time

ILoveLegos
03-16-2010, 12:59 PM
All members of the Disney Mom's Club should check their e-mails... it's essay time for the Big Red Box! First 1000 entries only!!!

:mickey:

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-16-2010, 02:23 PM
I just entered my essay!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

I hope I get chosen!!!!!

I'm so excited. The site was slow to open. I got the email at 12:15 and sent in my essay about 2:10pm. I hope that I'm one of the firt 1,000.

please, please, please. ;)

Patricia
03-16-2010, 03:52 PM
Rats! Only good for residents of the US.

I thought it would be a great party, celebrating daycare, for my kids and their parents. Hmm, maybe I'll do my own. :)

mjaclyn
03-17-2010, 01:33 AM
I'm sad... I got the email on my IPhone but when I got home and tried to submit my Essay it was closed already. :-( Have they done this before? What's in the big red box?

5togetherWDW
03-17-2010, 08:10 AM
Yes, they did have a celebration party box offer last year - and I did receive one :cloud9:

Last year, they said they were "testing the concept" of themed at home parties -- we had to answer similar essays and promise to review the items, give details of the party, opinions, etc. We also had to promise to hold the party within certain set dates and explain for what occasion we were hosting the party (birthday, anniversary, etc.)

I was delighted with my "red box" when it came -- it held more than I expected. There were gift bags for adults and children -- the children ones had paper Mickey ears, coloring sheets with Disney crayons, and a shaped Mickey straw. Adults had cloth 5x7 gift bags with Celebration magnets and another little thing or two -- and nice frameable 8 x 10 gift Disney "Mom" illustrations. There were WDW trivia games and bingo, recipes, colored fortune cookies, and a copy of the planning video to play at the party. Then, there were marketing materials to hand out -- maps, order the DVD for yourself forms, and a card that asked guests if they would like to host their own parties.

The hostess gift was an excellent WDW scrapbooking album - the ~$25 "Celebration" kind that were currently in the shops.
We loved it!!

While my guests did get the vacation planning items they requested, none were offered the chance to host a party.

As to me, I expected a long survey after the party, but heard nothing for the longest time . . .. Maybe two months(?) After wondering what was happening for a long time, I received an email asking about my party -- but all it had was two or three very generic questions -- that was it. I really expected a lot more questions / work needed to be done, as the box was filled with such high value gifts!!

On an interesting note -- over the summer, we travelled to WDW and were planning a celebration. I looked up online what you could order as celebration add ons in restaurants -- at that time, they were offering the exact same gift bag from the Moms box as the celebration add-on you could purchase! :mickey:

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-17-2010, 10:03 AM
5togetherWDW -

thanks for the details. I'm an avid scrapbooker and WOULD LOVE A SCRAPBOOK!!!! :cloud9:

Oh, I can't wait!

TheVBs
03-19-2010, 08:59 PM
Got the email, but didn't see it until it was too late to respond. :( Did they just do this once last year, or is it possible I'll get another chance?

ILoveLegos
03-20-2010, 12:08 AM
Sadly, just once last year.

TheVBs
03-20-2010, 08:36 PM
Sadly, just once last year.

Oh poo. :( Maybe next year then! :mickey:

jeshall1
03-31-2010, 07:44 PM
Has anyone who submitted their answers heard anything yet? I was able to get my answers submitted but have yet to hear anything!:goofy:

Jennifer_and_Chris
04-02-2010, 06:02 PM
I JUST GOT MY EMAIL!!! I have been chosen to host a party!!!!

My Big Red Box should be here by April 19th. Says that I should have my party by May 16th. PERFECT TIMING! My daughter's b-day is May 17th. So, we planned on having her b-day party either the 15th or 16th. THIS IS PERFECT! Can I say it anymore?

I'm so excited. After Easter, the preparation begins!

jeshall1
04-02-2010, 06:04 PM
So excited, just got home and checked my email! I was selected! So excited, time to get planning!:mickey::mickey::mickey:

DisneyAndRedSox
04-05-2010, 02:05 PM
I was just on another board and someone who lives in FL got their box today! I live in MA so not sure how long it will take for Fed Ex to bring my box! Fed Ex was just at my house, delivered a DVC info packet. :D

Jennifer_and_Chris
04-05-2010, 02:28 PM
I went home for lunch and no box yet.... but, FedEx usually comes in the evening... Can't wait!

crazeedizneefinatic
04-06-2010, 11:14 AM
Got my box today....my favorite item was the huge bag of red mickey head shaped balloons!!....this should be so much fun....

Jennifer_and_Chris
04-07-2010, 10:43 AM
I haven't gotten my box yet. Anyone else still waiting for their box?

Maybe their sending so many a day and working alphabetical? And since our last name is at the end of the alphabet, that's why I haven't received mine yet?

OH THE AGONY OF WAITING.