PDA

View Full Version : What character meals would you recommend for boys?

Queenbee2
03-15-2010, 05:32 PM
Hi,
I am trying to find good character meals for our family. I have the girl stuff figured out but not sure what you woul suggest for a boy?

Thanks

homeschool mom
03-15-2010, 05:40 PM
I think Chef Mickey's is good for either girls or boys. The characters we have always seen there are Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, and Pluto. The Fab Five! One year, we also saw Chip and Dale there. We have only ever gone for breakfast and have always enjoyed it. Also, depending on your boys' ages, Crystal Palace is fun and I think the food there is the best - especially at breakfast! The characters are Pooh, Eeyore, Piglet and Tigger.

forever a child
03-15-2010, 05:48 PM
Garden Grill has Chip, Dale, Mickey and Pluto. It it is way cool! :mickey:

BigThunderFan
03-15-2010, 05:51 PM
Although not a character breakfast, my DS7 LOVED Whispering Canyon Cafe at WL. The antics were fun, the food was great, and did I mention bottomless milkshakes?

We also loved Chef Mickey's. This is a must for our family each time!

ElenitaB
03-15-2010, 07:17 PM
Breakfast with Mickey, Pluto, Stitch and Lilo at 'Ohana
Garden Grill. Chip and Dale have often stopped to play with DS and whatever toy he's had with him (be they Legos or Pok'emon back in the day)
Tusker House breakfast

green ranger
03-15-2010, 09:02 PM
How old are your boys?

Rick McCord
03-15-2010, 09:13 PM
Great place for boys. It has changed since they first started doing breakfasts - but it is still a lot of fun. Absolutely recommend. Chef Mickey is really good too.

KAT1811
03-16-2010, 11:03 AM
Crystal Palace (if they aren't oo old to enjoy Pooh and Friends)

'Ohana breakfast (Lilo and Stitch)

Donald's Safari Breakfast (Animal Kingdom)

Sci-Fi Dine-in Theater

Chef Mickey's

Cape May Cafe Breakfast

ESPN Cafe (if they are really into sports)

KylesMom
03-16-2010, 11:56 AM
DS has always been partial to Chef Mickey's, Garden Grill and Crystal Palace. Now that he's older (12), he still enjoys meeting Mickey & the gang at Chef Mickey's. Crystal Palace he still enjoys - but it's more about the food than characters now. :secret: Unfortunately we haven't eaten at Garden Grill in awhile since they removed the lunch option, but I'm sure he'd still enjoy that one as well. :mickey:

DS went through his Stitch phase and couldn't wait to dine at Ohana for the Stitch character breakfast. Unfortunately we were kept waiting for over an hour, and by the time we were seated, he just wasn't much in the mood for Stitch's shenanigans (and we weren't either). But if you have a Lilo/Stitch/Mickey fan, this one might be good too. The food selection was not nearly as large at this character meal, however.

javamama
03-18-2010, 06:07 PM
Believe it or not my 6 yo ds loved 1900 and Park Fare, he loved the evil stepmother and of course his little boy princess crush Cinderella:secret: It's really a cute character meal. The stepsister do a great job too:thumbsup:

brownie
03-19-2010, 09:13 AM
Cape May Cafe
Donald's Safari Breakfast at Tusker House
Chef Mickey's

Fastpasssteve
04-08-2010, 09:46 PM
First, the place is not prissy, it is gender neutral--no pink.

Second, the food is very good, simply-prepared, and most of the vegs are grown right there in The Land. In fact, before having dinner there, one can ride the boat ride downstairs that tours the growing facility and various climates found on earth.

Third, the entire restaurant rotates...it spins (sloooooowly) as you enjoy your food. That, in itself, would be cool to a little boy.

Fourth, all the characters are guys: There is Mickey Mouse in farmer attire instead of his normal tails, Goofy, and Chip & Dale. Because of the smaller size of this restaurant, one gets to interact with the characters at least twice and have better photo opportunities.