PDA

View Full Version : No bus service from Parks to ESPN WWS

malip
03-15-2010, 02:52 PM
Thought I might put this info out there for anyone who might be in the world and try to catch a spring training game. There are no buses that run from the parks to ESPNWWS anymore. You have to take a bus to either PC or AS resorts first and then catch the bus to WWS. I found this out the hard way on Saturday. Left DHS at 11:30 for a 1:05 game. Thought I had plenty of time. Ended up taking a cab from PC because the buses only come once every 30 minutes. Barely had enough time to pick up my tickets and find my seats! Shared the cab with someone from POFQ who had started out at 10:45. The woman working the bus circle at DHS said this was ESPN's decision. FYI

CleveRocks
03-15-2010, 03:53 PM
Thought I might put this info out there for anyone who might be in the world and try to catch a spring training game. There are no buses that run from the parks to ESPNWWS anymore. You have to take a bus to either PC or AS resorts first and then catch the bus to WWS. I found this out the hard way on Saturday. Left DHS at 11:30 for a 1:05 game. Thought I had plenty of time. Ended up taking a cab from PC because the buses only come once every 30 minutes. Barely had enough time to pick up my tickets and find my seats! Shared the cab with someone from POFQ who had started out at 10:45. The woman working the bus circle at DHS said this was ESPN's decision. FYIThe bus connecting Pop Century and Wide World of Sports also stops at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort.

Until fairly recently, the only Disney bus to/from WWoS was at DHS. That bus route doesn't exist anymore, as you discovered.

gerald72
03-15-2010, 05:31 PM
A friend of mine wad in Disney last week. He wanted to go to the phillies - braves game, but didn't because the ticket agent told him not only did he have to buy a game ticket for $22 but also admission to wwos. I told him that wasn't true. I then called wwos to ask which buses went there, and they didn't even know. They said to ask at my resort.
The whole wwos area seems disorganized to me, and the CMs don't even know the facts.

joelkfla
03-15-2010, 05:53 PM
I heard multiple complaints from guests trying to get to Braves games the past few days.

The change was indeed requested by EWWS management.