PDA

View Full Version : Big Red Dad's Adventure Day 4

BigRedDad
03-15-2010, 02:47 PM
March 8
Cast: Grandma, DD, and me. DW comes in tonight

Today we head off to Epcot. Because our plans changed, we did not know it was morning EMH. We arrive at Epcot about 8:15. Nearly walk on to Test Track (DD's second "big ride"). She liked it all up until the point the truck looks like it is going to hit you. Well, she is "never ever ever never" going on that ride again. There is a very light drizzle, so we head to Innovations East. I do Sum of all Thrills. It was nothing spectacular, but worth trying once. We head to Innovations West so DD can romp around, play some things, and burn off some morning steam,. She had a blast doing the fire truck, the piggy bank, and some other things.

We head towards World Showcase and she plays in the play area that has been put up. I stare dumbfoundedly (is that a word?) at a little girl who looks exactly like one twin in my DD's daycare. I felt creepy staring at someone's child. Well, a minute later her mom comes up and it was the twins from her daycare. Small world. DD played with them for about 20 minutes at the playground.

We head into Mexico and DD likes the slow ride and Three Caballero scenes. We try Kim Possible, but she is just a little too young. Plus, dad got lost from DD. There was 20 seconds of panic, but she stayed where she was, cried a little and another mommy was there with her. Off to Norway and we ride the Maelstrom. DD is tired so we figured to get her some lunch. Off to China and hit the CS restaurant. DD falls asleep in her stroller for the first time this trip. She missed a lot of the KidCot from the nap and we would not be at Epcot again this trip. DD wakes up around Morocco, does KidCot at Morocco, France and UK. She gets to meet Marie for the first time and fell in love with her.

To end the day at Epcot, we stop at the Rose and Crown. I have a Boddington's and grandma has a Stella Artois. DD relaxes a bit and we know the day is ending for her. We head back to CSR for some pool time.

DD loved the slide at CSR. Mommy was coming in about 7PM. After about an hour in the pool and slide, we get out. Tragedy almost occurs. DD asked to play in the kid fountain next to the slide. The fountains are in the middle and raised and the edges of the rectangular area is deeper. DD is running and playing. She ran from deep to shallow to deep water. Everyone knows what happens to a kid when they run in water that gets deeper...HEAD FIRST FALL!!! The lifeguard and I get one of those life moving in slow motion feelings as you watch her going face first towards the edge of the fountain. He is already on the phone calling first aid, I am running to my DD thinking we are on our way to the hospital. At the very last second, she got her hand up caught the cement edge and her face hits and crushes her fingers. Luckily, the hospital trip was avoided. Some ice on her fingers, a frozen drink from the bar, and she was OK.

We order Domino's and have it delivered. It arrives 2 minutes after DW is dropped off by DME. We go back to the room, have cocktails there, eat the pizza, pack up for luggage move to AKL.

All in all, it was a good, slow paced day relaxing at Epcot. No issues what so ever and DD had no melt downs again.

faline
03-15-2010, 02:51 PM
While there were a couple of scary moments in your day, it turned out to be a very nice day, overall - particularly since the incident at the pool was averted!

KylesMom
03-15-2010, 03:17 PM
Nothing like a little excitement to liven up your day, huh? Thank goodness DD was able to catch herself & disaster was averted at the pool. My DS at that age was incredibly clumsy and injured himself more than once on pool decks. He now sports a Harry Potter-type "lightning" scar on his head from one of those adventures. WHEW! Glad that DW made it to the resort as planned. Love these "never ever ever never" quotes from your DD. Thanks for sharing another day! :mickey:

Mousefever
03-15-2010, 10:54 PM
Don't you just hate that feeling when you see your child about to fall and you can't get to her? I'm glad that your daughter got that hand up and saved her face from a disastrous injury!

Amy

mouseketeer mom
03-16-2010, 08:44 AM
AAh!! First you were seperated for that little bit..then the incident at the pool!! Scary stuff. Glad both incidents had a happy ending!

princessgirls
03-16-2010, 11:28 AM
Kids...they keep you hoppin'

Thanks for the report!

Julie:mickey:

Ropachs
03-17-2010, 11:50 AM
We had about 5 minutes of panic ourselves...gratefully the CM's took great care of our DS during that time. Scary though! Glad you came out of the pool with no big injury.

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-17-2010, 01:03 PM
I'm sure it was you that was lost for 20 seconds without DD.

and I'm sure it was more torturous for you when she fell than her actual injury.

Can't wait to hear how the rest will go now that Mom is there!

DisneyorBust
03-18-2010, 07:36 AM
Just got to love our kids! They give us such fine moments of sheer terror, but a lifetime of joy. Glad your DD was not seriously injured.
Thanks for sharing your day with us.

yjgirl32
03-18-2010, 09:16 AM
So glad to hear she was ok. Wow that could have been very ugly. Glad to hear the day went well. Thanks again for sharing.

vizsla
03-20-2010, 05:21 AM
Thanks for the report.

pdrlkr
03-21-2010, 06:22 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: