PDA

View Full Version : CSR or Fort Wilderness Cabins?

Disney4us2
03-15-2010, 12:47 AM
I am considering a trip for next spring break.(what am I thinking..lol).

We may be traveling with another family. There will be 4 total, Two adults and 2 pre teen girls. Sharing the room/splitting costs. We are both single moms:)

My friend already warned me about her snoring. I was thinking about CSR because of the queen beds. Now I think the cabins might be a better choice.

Are the cabins close to the busses/ food/ etc. I will have my rollator/walker and was wondering how handicapped accessable the cabins are. Do the cabins have ramps?

Either one is fine with me, although there may be more room in the cabins. What do you all think?

Thanks

KylesMom
03-15-2010, 05:12 PM
I'm going to bump this up in hopes that you get some responses.

We've never stayed at CSR before, so I can't give you any firsthand experience on that one. I do understand that this resort is quite spread out, but I'd like for you to have advice from someone who's actually stayed here to assist.

However, we have stayed at the cabins. While our particular cabin did not have a ramp, I'm guessing some of them do. Hopefully someone will be able to chime in on this shortly. As far as being close to busses & food, you'll need to walk to a bus stop outside of the loop to get a bus to Trails End / the boat dock / other transportation to the parks. Fort Wilderness doesn't have a food court-type facility like the other resorts have. The one thing the cabin may be very good for, however, is the separate bedroom (with door) to close off your friends' snoring. :D

Disney4us2
03-15-2010, 06:06 PM
I'm going to bump this up in hopes that you get some responses.

We've never stayed at CSR before, so I can't give you any firsthand experience on that one. I do understand that this resort is quite spread out, but I'd like for you to have advice from someone who's actually stayed here to assist.

However, we have stayed at the cabins. While our particular cabin did not have a ramp, I'm guessing some of them do. Hopefully someone will be able to chime in on this shortly. As far as being close to busses & food, you'll need to walk to a bus stop outside of the loop to get a bus to Trails End / the boat dock / other transportation to the parks. Fort Wilderness doesn't have a food court-type facility like the other resorts have. The one thing the cabin may be very good for, however, is the separate bedroom (with door) to close off your friends' snoring. :D

Thanks Carol:mickey:

After looking at the map and seeing how spread out the cabins are, I probably won't use that resort. I did like the idea of a separate room, but I too can sound like a buzz saw when I am tired:blush:

We were just trying to go at a high priced time and save her money, since she and her DD were there last Oct. It may not happen that we even travel together.

faline
03-15-2010, 06:21 PM
I know you've already rejected the cabins but, to be honest, I've never seen one that is set up at handicapped accessible. I know we had a few steps to go up to access the door and the interior doesn't appear to have enough space to set up for wheelchair clearance space.

You might consider two rooms at a value resort where you'd have two bathrooms.

Coronado Springs is a nice resort but I don't recall any place where the bus stop is really close to the rooms - it would still require about the same amount of walking as I recall doing from a cabin to a bus stop.

At the cabins, you do have the option of renting a golf cart which you can drive to get you around the campgrounds and can park right at your cabin.

buzz2001
03-15-2010, 08:26 PM
I've stayed at both resorts and prefer CSR. It has better transportation and a better main pool area. I like the camp fire movies, buffeteria and boat to MK at FW cabins. The bed in the living rooms is a murphy bed so its not the most comfortable thing.

Rick McCord
03-15-2010, 09:33 PM
I have never stayed at Coronado Springs - but our family loves the Cabins in FWR. Peace and quiet - ask to be near a bus stop - and for accessible (I have heard they have them).:number1:

Mousemates
03-16-2010, 01:01 PM
We have done both and prefer the FWC...nothing wrong with CSR, but we enjoy the more laid back feel of the campground, the extra recreational options and the bigger bedroom to give us and our two teenaged children a bit of space to kind of decompress and have some alone time.

wdw_bound
03-16-2010, 09:48 PM
We stayed in an accessible cabin on our last family trip and have requested one this trip. We did not need a roll in shower, so I don't know about bathroom accessibility, but I can tell you we loved the cabin. Ours had a ramp in addition to the staircase leading up to the deck. The picnic table extended past the bench seating so that it was wheelchair friendly. While you couldn't turn around in the hallway, it was wide enough to get from one end of the cabin to the other, where you could turn around. We requested a cabin close to the end of the loop so that we were close to the bus stop - it took us under two minutes to get to the stop. We loved the cabins so much, we are organizing a grand gathering there this summer.

Although you've decided to look elsewhere, I wanted to post our experience in case it helped someone else make a decision.

Have a great trip!:mickey:

Disney4us2
03-16-2010, 10:00 PM
We stayed in an accessible cabin on our last family trip and have requested one this trip. We did not need a roll in shower, so I don't know about bathroom accessibility, but I can tell you we loved the cabin. Ours had a ramp in addition to the staircase leading up to the deck. The picnic table extended past the bench seating so that it was wheelchair friendly. While you couldn't turn around in the hallway, it was wide enough to get from one end of the cabin to the other, where you could turn around. We requested a cabin close to the end of the loop so that we were close to the bus stop - it took us under two minutes to get to the stop. We loved the cabins so much, we are organizing a grand gathering there this summer.

Although you've decided to look elsewhere, I wanted to post our experience in case it helped someone else make a decision.

Have a great trip!:mickey:

Thanks, I am glad to know about the ramp. While I am not in a wheelchair, the idea of dragging my rollator up steps was not to appealing. Plus the fact I don't know if my friend even can make the trip next year.

Thanks again:mickey: