PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing Gift Cards and Park Passes on Ebay??

forever a child
03-14-2010, 10:52 PM
I am just wondering if anyone has ever done this before? I can't figure out why someone would pay MORE than the face value on a Disney gift card???:huh: I mean I can understand collecting different gift card styles that are blank. But why would I want to pay $205 for a $200 face value gift card???

Also, I am trying to understand why someone would risk purchasing park tickets from ebay sellers? I mean, there really isn't any way to verify that they are good is there?

Just was surfing on ebay and thought I would check out disney stuff and got to wondering. I wouldn't risk the chance just to save a couple bucks myself!:secret:

Has anyone ever had success in ebay purchases for tickets and/or gift cards???

mom2mickeyfan
03-14-2010, 10:56 PM
I don't think I would ever take the chance. I did just purchase a Disney gift card today but I got it from a web site that resells unwanted gift cards. I have purchased from them before and the card was good plus they have a return policy if the card doesn't have the purchased amount on it.

forever a child
03-14-2010, 10:58 PM
I don't think I would ever take the chance. I did just purchase a Disney gift card today but I got it from a web site that resells unwanted gift cards. I have purchased from them before and the card was good plus they have a return policy if the card doesn't have the purchased amount on it.

How much savings did you receive? Could you privately email me the site name? Thanks:mickey:

Kenny1113
03-15-2010, 08:30 AM
And me too?
Thx

I have done it once and will never do it again! It worked I bought MNSSHP tix that way and saved some money.but I was soooo worried about weather or not they were going to work.

forever a child
03-16-2010, 01:01 PM
And me too?
Thx

I have done it once and will never do it again! It worked I bought MNSSHP tix that way and saved some money.but I was soooo worried about weather or not they were going to work.

How much of a savings was it? Apparently not enough to justify the worry? I am trying to find gift cards at discount....with little luck:(

Kenny1113
03-17-2010, 07:37 PM
It was while ago, I bought 2 adult and 2 child tix. I think it worked out that I got one or Both of the kids passes for free ( in savings). Yes, not worth the worry of weather the passes were valid or not. They looked like they were valid, but I was afraid they might have been cancelled or something.I even called WDW to double check!