PDA

View Full Version : Bus System

jwildflower1981
03-14-2010, 09:46 PM
In your opinion, which resort has the best bus system?:bus:

JPL
03-14-2010, 10:37 PM
That's really a tough call because it seems to very greatly depending on the time of year you go and how Disney is allocating their buses. I have had excellent service at Pop and have also heard horror stories. My last trip I had great service at AKL but have had trouble with buses there in the past. I really think it's a craps shoot most of the time!

HoosierDisneyFan
03-14-2010, 10:50 PM
One thing I have found with the buses is that sometimes there will be a wait and sometimes the bus will be right there when you need it. I have had excellent expirence at POFQ. Were there times we waited longer than I liked? YES. But other times the bus came right away. The one thing I have noticed about the POFQ bus stops is that they do seem to be the farest (or nearly the farest) from each Park. That said, we use the bus system each year and will do so again!

CleveRocks
03-15-2010, 08:46 AM
I don't think there's a reliable way to know whether any certain resort's bus service is good or bad overall.

This is because none of us use the Disney Transport system all the time. We are there for a week more or less, and any system can have good weeks and bad weeks. For instance, for every post that says "X Resort has the worst buses ever," there will be a post that reports "X Resort has a great bus system."

So, unfortunately, there's no reliable, overall way to answer your question. I wish there was, but there's not.

There are some people who will make a big deal over resorts sharing buses, or multiple stops within a single resort. Having stayed at resorts that share buses, resorts with multiple internal stops, and resorts that have one stop and don't share with other resorts, I can't say I noticed a difference. I don't think the "one bus stop" was any better than the multiple stops whether inside the resort or at a few other resorts. Just my opinion. :mickey:

Gregandmel
03-15-2010, 09:27 AM
We went to Wilderness Lodge last year and had wonderful service. There was never a wait longer than about 10 minutes and we were the first to be picked up, so we always had an empty bus waiting for us. Remember though that Disney states busses run every 10-20 minutes, so sometimes if you have just missed the bus and have to wait for the next one, 20 minutes (at most) may seem like FOREVER. Just plan on waiting 20 minutes and if it comes sooner than that, then all the better!! :thumbsup:

SBETigg
03-15-2010, 09:35 AM
Why I love the monorail resorts is that you have less reliance on buses. I've never had bad bus service at any of them, but it is usually shared with other resorts. Still, I've rarely had to stand and never had to wait long for a bus. Grand Floridian is often last pickup/dropoff for any given route, but waiting at that bus stop is a pleasure with plenty of bench seating and Disney videos (like Stacy's Top 7 or the latest Disney promo). Our more frequented parks, MK and Epcot, are only a boat or monorail ride away. The best transportation location in general is probably the Polynesian.

Ms. Mode
03-15-2010, 09:46 AM
Whichever one I'm not waiting for :thumbsup:

#1donaldfan
03-15-2010, 12:11 PM
....we've never had a negative issue with them at POR....:mickey:

pamickeys
03-15-2010, 12:19 PM
we were informed by a CM that Coronado springs has alot of conventions and they pay extra to has more dedicated buses to their resort, and after staying at alot of the resorts ,I tend to agree.

CleveRocks
03-15-2010, 12:44 PM
we were informed by a CM that Coronado springs has alot of conventions and they pay extra to has more dedicated buses to their resort, and after staying at alot of the resorts ,I tend to agree.

That's an interesting bit of info!

And to explain to others, it is true that resorts pay for their Disney Transport services. Yes, it's all Disney's money, but it's a matter of budgets and accounting and that sort of stuff.

bruin1344
03-15-2010, 01:13 PM
None of them stick out. POP is the only one Ive had issues with longer lines, crowded buses and more screaming children.

wdwnomad
03-15-2010, 10:12 PM
Like others have said it depends...

But since you asked for opinions I thought CSR had the best bus service hands down.

joonyer
03-15-2010, 11:05 PM
As others have pointed out, one can't really answer this question because all WDW resorts use the SAME bus system. The service you experience depends on how crowded your resort is, how crowded the parks in general are, the time of day, and of course how many buses WDW allocates to the various routes. And this can change for day to day even during your visit.

I wouldn't use bus service as a factor in choosing any resort, since most of the time you'll experience good service no matter which resort you choose. Choosing a deluxe resort over a value will not guarantee any better bus service. In fact you may get better service at the values. Neither will geographic location affect service that much. (obviously you will have a shorter ride from a resort close to a particular park, but waiting times won't necessarily be significantly different.)

The biggest factor are the crowds. Just like the parks and attractions, you'll have a longer wait and more crowded buses if you visit during peak times.

DisneyHoneymooners
03-16-2010, 08:13 AM
We found that AKL has the best bus service. In part I think because buses are the only available form of transportation and no parks are within walking distance. They have a very nice bus stop area and a good number of buses.

buzz2001
03-16-2010, 09:37 AM
CSR has very good bus service. It is not shared with other resorts. It has 4 internal stops but the bus gets around quickly. The resort itself is centrally located to the resorts and offers quick rides.