PDA

View Full Version : Baby food through airport security?

mook3y
03-14-2010, 09:42 PM
Anyone had any issues bringining a couple containers of baby food through security?

Thanks!

faline
03-15-2010, 10:25 AM
According to the TSA website:

You are allowed to bring gel or liquid-filled teethers, canned, jarred, or processed baby food in your carry-on baggage and aboard your plane.

TinyDancer
03-15-2010, 11:23 AM
I took contact solution with me and it made it easier just to have it out and put it in the tray with your baggie of any other liquids so they know what it is up front and don't have to search around for it!

faline
03-15-2010, 12:10 PM
I took contact solution with me and it made it easier just to have it out and put it in the tray with your baggie of any other liquids so they know what it is up front and don't have to search around for it!

If you are taking contact solution with you in your carry-on, you are required to have it within a one-quart closed baggie and it can't exceed three ounces.

This is a little off-topic as the original poster is requesting information on carrying baby food on board.

Polynesian Dweller
03-15-2010, 01:28 PM
Baby formula is allowed in larger quantities than other liquids BUT must be declared at security for special inspection. Get it out and declare it. Failure to declare it would cause problems. Oh, and it would help to have a baby along with you.:D (sorry couldn't resist that one)

You shouldn't have any difficulties.

Disney Doll
03-15-2010, 01:30 PM
We brought baby food through security with no problems.

tdk316
03-15-2010, 01:58 PM
We brought it this past December, I just put it in a separate baggie from our other liquids and there wasn't a problem. :mickey:

javamama
03-17-2010, 10:13 PM
I took a diaper bag full of baby food thru back in '07, enough for 5 days x 3 meals a day for dd. It was no problem at all. I took nursery water the small bottles just 3, and canned formula also never had an issue.

As for saline/multi purpose solution, as an airline employee I walk thru 4-5 time a week with it a small 3 oz bottle in my backpack, not in a quart size bag. It's just the one item of liquid though, and this is the general line for TSA, no employee line.

mook3y
03-18-2010, 01:03 PM
Thank you all for the responses!

:number1: to Polynesian Dweller - that is too funny!