PDA

View Full Version : Trail's End Buffet

KAT1811
03-14-2010, 09:05 PM
On our last trip my grandparents decided to join us in Disney last minute. Literally that day! So our party of 10 went to a party of 12. Well that of course threw a monkey wrench into our already meticulously planned ADRs! So I phoned Disney Dining and the only option avaliable during our time frame in the MK area was Trail's End. I ever so reluctanly agrred to the ADR. Well I can tell you it was wonderful!!! We loved it! Fort Wilderness brought back so many wonderful memories. We used to stay there when I was a child (my grandparents used to have a large trailer we all used to vacation in). I remembered eating there when I was my children's ages. But the best surprise of all was how much we enjoyed the buffet. So much so that we have Trail's End on our ADR list for this year! The food was great, the ribs were perfect, fall off the bone and melt in your mouth ribs. My uncle is a diabetic and they were wonderful about getting him a sugar free dessert. The boat ride from the Mk was a great treat too. Just thought that I'd comment on a very overlooked restaurant.

Disney1977
03-14-2010, 09:22 PM
I agree, the food at Trails End is very good. Everyone in our party was pleased with their dinners.

wdwfansince75
03-15-2010, 09:44 AM
DW and I try to do TE on every trip, with or without the clan. Missed it last trip, but will try to keep it on the schedule for July.
We did a birthday dinner for DGS#2 on one trip. Was a great choice. It was our first night, with some of the clan at CR, and some at SoG. After a great meal, and a pre-ordered birthday cake, DW and I took the remains of the cake back to CR, while the rest of the family (8 others on that trip) headed to MK for their first evening. Ten minutes after getting back to the room, I was on my way to MK to rendezvous with the others.
As an aside, on that trip, we were able to spot some evidence of the lawn mower at the base of the tree. Can it still be detected?

c&d
03-15-2010, 11:38 AM
We found it a couple of years ago and since then it's our first dinner at Disney. It never seems crowded like some of the other buffets and we've enjoyed the food. DS loves the cornbread.

We also love that while waiting for our ADR we can sit in the rocking chairs on the porch have a cocktail and people watch.

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-15-2010, 02:35 PM
This is truly a hidden gem... well, maybe not so hidden anymore....

I agree it is a great "starting - your- vacation" meal. Its very relaxed (as compared to others) and there is a play area almost right in front that the kids can run around in.

The best time we had there was on our first night when my oldest was 2. We ate, let her play and run a little bit, then watched the electric parade from the beach.

The only thing is if you use the bus system to get there instead of the boat you can get confused. But, just ask any of the bus drivers that stop. You have to take an internal bus to the restaurant. I think it was the purple bus that brought you to Trails End? I don't remember.

I do remember that this is a great meal and we've had breakast and dinner here. Also, real value as compare to other buffets in the world. :thumbsup: