PDA

View Full Version : Special "Standard" Rooms

Plex
03-14-2010, 07:56 PM
Our travel agent, who also happens to be a Disney fanatic, just told us about 2 "special" rooms at the Beach Club - Namely 3606 and 4606. Supposedly from a quirk in the architecture, these rooms are significantly larger than normal standard rooms, and actually include extra furniture while still being "Standard" rooms.

Anyone happen to know of any other rooms around like this?

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
03-15-2010, 07:03 AM
When we stayed at the Beach Club a few years back we stayed in a corner room on the first floor that was bigger than the standard rooms. I can't remember the room number but it was on the very first floor at the end of the hall in a corner.

There is a website that you could go to and print out the layouts of the rooms and see which rooms were a little bigger than others.

Does anyone know what or where that website would be?

TammiMcMan
03-15-2010, 06:31 PM
Our travel agent, who also happens to be a Disney fanatic, just told us about 2 "special" rooms at the Beach Club - Namely 3606 and 4606. Supposedly from a quirk in the architecture, these rooms are significantly larger than normal standard rooms, and actually include extra furniture while still being "Standard" rooms.

Anyone happen to know of any other rooms around like this?Do you mean in other resorts? There are usually a few rooms in each that fall into this category. Normally, they are corner rooms, which offer more space just due to the design of the resort. Whenever we travel, I put in a request for a corner room. Not only are they quieter, but they are often bigger or have double the windows :thumbsup:.

When we stayed at the Beach Club a few years back we stayed in a corner room on the first floor that was bigger than the standard rooms. I can't remember the room number but it was on the very first floor at the end of the hall in a corner.Sounds like it was room 1606.

There is a website that you could go to and print out the layouts of the rooms and see which rooms were a little bigger than others.

Does anyone know what or where that website would be?Many "fans" draw up maps of their favorite resorts and make note of all the room details. I've found a few online and saved them. Links are not permitted here though.

MOJoe
03-16-2010, 12:53 PM
I found a map of the Beach Club for my stay last year, and printed out the 1st and 2nd floor layouts. 1606 on the first floor is a larger standard room. On the 2nd floor, 2606 and 2648 fall into the same category.

However, there are also several "end of the hall" rooms that are slightly smaller than standard. 1527, 1541 and 1556 and their 2nd floor counterparts fall into this group.

Since you can't really request a specific room, i don't know how this can help. But it's a nice BC fun fact, i suppose.:cool:

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
03-17-2010, 07:19 AM
Thanks so much for the feedback.

Apparently you can request a room location. I had a number of intercot folks inform me that you can request it on your initial reservation and/or send in a fax request a week before your arrival.

Never hurts to try.

TammiMcMan
03-17-2010, 04:43 PM
Apparently you can request a room location. I had a number of intercot folks inform me that you can request it on your initial reservation and/or send in a fax request a week before your arrival.You can definitely request a location and even an exact room number if you want. Sometimes a general request is better, but I know a lot of people who have asked for a favorite room and been accommodated.

You really want to have it included on your intial reservation though, as this is the only place where it's guaranteed to be seen. Just due to volume, faxes from guests are generally ignored.

MOJoe
03-18-2010, 11:49 AM
You can definitely request a location and even an exact room number if you want. Sometimes a general request is better, but I know a lot of people who have asked for a favorite room and been accommodated.

That's nice. I guess i assumed the odds of getting the exact room number you requested would be so low, that is wasn't worthwhile.
Sure, you can request anything, but if your request cannot be granted, you may be disappointed.
Maybe it's just me, but i feel better asking for a 1st floor room near the quiet pool, rather than "room 1606."

TammiMcMan
03-19-2010, 02:38 PM
Maybe it's just me, but i feel better asking for a 1st floor room near the quiet pool, rather than "room 1606."Many people don't like to get that specific, because if the room assignor can't accommodate a room number, they may not know the reason you requested it (ie, closer to the lobby, elevator, view preference, etc.). For those that have favorite rooms though, they've reported not usually having a problem getting their request filled.